Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

Oh shit no, i love the sun. I wear shorts as long as i can. I even wear a jacket in the cold times with shorts.
I ahve a good natural tan..oh yeah

Well, if you got in the sun some, maybe you wouldnt burn so fast. No pun here either. Really, i love the night life, bit i crave the sun. I hate to look all pail and stuff.

REallly, great esay. Thumbs up!

thank's i try ;)

Actually I really don't think you can compare these two bands.. I do think Iced Earth is better overall.. Nevermore just doesn't have the sound that I enjoy listening to all the time. ( Granted I only have Dead Heart, but it's a good CD.. Just nothing great ) Iced Earth has that old metal sound that I really enjoy, kinda like early Metallica or something.. As for John himself, he's never appeared to be a light hungry asshole, he gives credit where credit is due. ( At least in the interviews I've read ) I know what you mean by saying the guitars sound the same a lot, but that type of riffage is the style we've come to enjoy from Iced Earth. Nevermore has their own style of numetalish guitars, why aren't you bothered with that? As for the vocal styles, I personally don't think Nevermores style belongs with that line of guitar work, but that's just my opinion.. Warrel would actually do a lot better in a band like Iced Earth, IMO.

So, this metalhead votes for Iced Earth.

Originally posted by Faith
but aren't chicks supposed to be fair of skin and soft? :lol:

hahahha

here is what i like....

A girl with a good tan, but with nice white tan lines when she is naked. Oh yeah, thats what i like. I prefer the lines to be not from a G string. I like the lines to be just to each side of the CRACK. ANd a line very close to the TRIMMED up bush. ANd i also like very small upper lines, small cups over the breasts, oh yeah, thats what i like.
A girl does not have to be that way for me to dig her you know. BUt it gets me going, those lines....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger
Actually I really don't think you can compare these two bands.. I do think Iced Earth is better overall.. Nevermore just doesn't have the sound that I enjoy listening to all the time. ( Granted I only have Dead Heart, but it's a good CD.. Just nothing great ) Iced Earth has that old metal sound that I really enjoy, kinda like early Metallica or something.. As for John himself, he's never appeared to be a light hungry asshole, he gives credit where credit is due. ( At least in the interviews I've read ) I know what you mean by saying the guitars sound the same a lot, but that type of riffage is the style we've come to enjoy from Iced Earth. Nevermore has their own style of numetalish guitars, why aren't you bothered with that? As for the vocal styles, I personally don't think Nevermores style belongs with that line of guitar work, but that's just my opinion.. Warrel would actually do a lot better in a band like Iced Earth, IMO.

So, this metalhead votes for Iced Earth.

Glad you stated your Opinnion man. Good job

Well, the nu sound in nevermore, thats just on the DHIADW. You should hear the rest of their cd's.

BUt i will say this . IMO, the nu sound nevrmore has, is far left field NU. If you get me. I mean, the style Jeff uses on his 7 string has had much more thought put into the riffs. Or at least it sounds that way to me.

Originally posted by Dusk

REallly, great esay. Thumbs up!

thank's i try ;)

Just so you , i didnt tell you that just becouse we share that opinion. I said it cuase you did a good job with your word placement, and choices of words as well, and you didnt bash either band.

Once again, Good job.

And welcome aboard.

Led, I'll check out some of their older stuff.. Don't get me wrong, I love Dead Heart.. But it's nothing compared to the calibur of some Iced Earth work. I do like Nevermore, and they're definitely moving up on my list. And yes, Jeff's work on the guitar is different from the NU metal style, but the nu sound is there, He's a great guitarist though..

yeh...a gotta agree to the freddy krüger guy in some parts. the guitarsound on dead heart has much new metal elements. the older cds were produced by another producer (neil kernon that is) and they sound far different. jeff still has great riffs on dead heart but i prefer the older ones. the soloing on DH is great (especially the sweeping thing on engines of hate).

personally i think you cant judge over nevermore if you have not heard dreaming neon black and politics of ecstasy.

Yeah, i said i agree in other words u know.....on the NU sound. Yep.

ANd i agree with Big N, you need to check out the rest of nevermore.

The only reason i posted this trhead a bit back was due the fact that i have every release from both bands.

But you know, if you are a true IE fan, then it will make no difference when you hear the other neverstuff. Other than you will hear no NU sound in the recordings.

well, DHIADW is my least favorite nevermore cd, but i still like it better than my favorite iced earth. i read freddy's first post and just shook my head. get the other albums or you will be damnd to ignorant foolery forever!
-neal

I agree with neal, everyone here knows NEVERMORE is my fav band. So, IMO, no IE recording comes close.

One of the points i was trin to get at with this tread is that Jon thinks his band is better.