Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

jesus ledmag, this post is so OLD! come on we were flaming over this more than a month ago. But i must admit, you were right and i was wrong. Recent interviews with schaffer prove he's a fuckin' asshole, and i was arguing against it. oh well, i'm man enough to admit when i'm wrong :D

I still like the music so THERE!

Good lord....flame, flame, flame. I couldn't even get myself to go through the first page of shit....mabye that says something af my impatientance or the fact that it was pretty juvinile bullshit. Now, I like Nevermore better, but that's just because I'm into the darker shit personally, discordant and slightly psycotic. But, I do ike Iced Earth too, they provide verry good cleaning music together, keeps me moovin. Now, my son (who's two) seems to like Blind Guardian better then either....but hey, he's two right...lol

I prefer nevermore to iced earth.

In my opinion nevermore are superior musicians. Iced earths music to me feels stale. THey seem to have stagnated and generaly just sound too wanky for my tastes.

I have all of iced earth and all of nevermores cd's but i am continuosly listening to the nevermore ones while the iced earthones are far less regularly played.

Nevermore music has atmosphere, are really personal and have a lot of feeling in their songs. The fact that i just hate songs about monsters and stupid crap doesn't really help iced earths cause.

In my opinion iced earth really just sound generic and kind of simplistic. Nevermore have so much depth and complexity to their music. They have really created thier own brand so to speak, in that they are something totaly unique, no one has or i doubt ever be as great as nevermore.

I like iced earth and I would say they were amoung my favourite bands but nevermore is really on a whole different level.

Of course this is just all my opinion but that's what u asked for so...yeah

Originally posted by QuothTheRaven
jesus ledmag, this post is so OLD! come on we were flaming over this more than a month ago. But i must admit, you were right and i was wrong. Recent interviews with schaffer prove he's a fuckin' asshole, and i was arguing against it. oh well, i'm man enough to admit when i'm wrong :D

I still like the music so THERE!
Your allright dude. Flames are more for fun than just pissed you know.

BUt yeah, more ppl should really look at some of jons interviews. He blows my mind at times with his relentless bragging.

Originally posted by Unregistered
I prefer nevermore to iced earth.

In my opinion nevermore are superior musicians. Iced earths music to me feels stale. THey seem to have stagnated and generaly just sound too wanky for my tastes.

I have all of iced earth and all of nevermores cd's but i am continuosly listening to the nevermore ones while the iced earthones are far less regularly played.

Nevermore music has atmosphere, are really personal and have a lot of feeling in their songs. The fact that i just hate songs about monsters and stupid crap doesn't really help iced earths cause.

In my opinion iced earth really just sound generic and kind of simplistic. Nevermore have so much depth and complexity to their music. They have really created thier own brand so to speak, in that they are something totaly unique, no one has or i doubt ever be as great as nevermore.

I like iced earth and I would say they were amoung my favourite bands but nevermore is really on a whole different level.

Of course this is just all my opinion but that's what u asked for so...yeah

You are a wise person.

REallly, great esay. Thumbs up!

yeh i also own all albums by both bands. i listen to at least 1 nevermore cd a day most days, and almost never iced earth. i put on horror show the other day just to see if it was as bad as i remember. it was.
-neal

well i dont have the box set. i dont like any of the bands they covered. only iron maiden, and i cant tell you how much id rather hear the iron maiden original than a fucked up iced earth cover.
-neal