Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

if i had spawn toys I would SOOOOO play with them

those things are fucking coool

I would totally make that clown my prison bitch

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Jeff Loomis - The Best in the West[/font]NEVERMORE's Jeff Loomis, quite possibly the best Metal-guitarist in the world, most definitely in the western hemisphere, is a Metal-virtuoso. I decided to do an article on him after I heard "Dead Heart In A Dead World". He handles all of the guitars on this, and gives out a remarkable performance. He is of perfect balance, possessing flawless songwriting, and unmatched soloing. Loomis is in a world of his own, far, far away from any guitarist. You have Malmsteen, the greatest lead guitarist, you have Jon Shaffer, the greatest rhythm guitarist. Like most guitarists, they favour either lead or rhythm. Loomis, does both, in perfect usage. Loomis is unreal, handling most of the songwriting for NEVERMORE, which is in my opinion the best band in the U.S. Album after album, the guitars are more impressive. "Dead Heart..." is a huge leap, Loomis proves his worth even more. With the current trend, I'm almost afraid to hear NEVERMORE's next album!

taken from: http://www.metal-observer.com/gb/articles/loomis.html

The_Children_of_Decadence said:
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Jeff Loomis - The Best in the West[/font]NEVERMORE's Jeff Loomis, quite possibly the best Metal-guitarist in the world, most definitely in the western hemisphere, is a Metal-virtuoso. I decided to do an article on him after I heard "Dead Heart In A Dead World". He handles all of the guitars on this, and gives out a remarkable performance. He is of perfect balance, possessing flawless songwriting, and unmatched soloing. Loomis is in a world of his own, far, far away from any guitarist. You have Malmsteen, the greatest lead guitarist, you have Jon Shaffer, the greatest rhythm guitarist. Like most guitarists, they favour either lead or rhythm. Loomis, does both, in perfect usage. Loomis is unreal, handling most of the songwriting for NEVERMORE, which is in my opinion the best band in the U.S. Album after album, the guitars are more impressive. "Dead Heart..." is a huge leap, Loomis proves his worth even more. With the current trend, I'm almost afraid to hear NEVERMORE's next album!

taken from: http://www.metal-observer.com/gb/articles/loomis.html

decadence>>>Have you evr really listened to Jeffs licks? You can pin point many rock n roll bands players in his style. Not sayin that he isnt good, only he borrows from rock, and turns it to metal. Thats good in itsself. Lots of Boston licks in his bag.

Good essay.

AGUY>>>>heheh, yeah man, Carnival Biz isnt my fav either, but a couple of tose songs are knock outs.

ARISE!!!!

the person article is stupid and VERY uninformed

******you have Jon Shaffer, the greatest rhythm guitarist******

yeaaah, riiiiiiiight

jeff is truly an excellent musician, but DHIADW isnt where you'll find it...unless you're into more mainstream, solo-filled music alone.

It'd be cooler if it said...

now is the time
get on the right side
and take a bike ride

I wish I had a snow cone right now....or a slushie, that would be sweet

that video was pretty wacky and shit, I was all like "guuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" *drool*

maybe I was having a seizure?...eh

didnt like the music though :cry:

angst is like half good. the first 5 tracks are real good but the rest kind of lag. you should get 'nihil' its the same kinda guitar drivin style but the songs are better. well actually you should get them all haha but 'nihil' is a good place to go next.
-neal