Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

I can't believe Barlow left. His versatility made him one of the best vocalists in Metal. He could sing practically anything you threw at him, hard rock, heavy metal, soft rock, etc. But like I said on the IE board, Jon needs to find a new and unique vocalist, and create a new Iced Earth. I don't want to hear a Matt Barlow 2 and I don't want him to pick up Ripper Owens as the vocalist. I want someone undiscovered and unique, because that is the only way Iced Earth can survive now. Surprisingly, I am excited even more about the new album now, because I don't know what it will sound like.

In my opinion Iced Earth and Nevermore represent the absolute best in Metal. Its just a shame Metallica gets all the glory because they dont have a fraction of the talent these two bands do. Comparing the playing ability of these two bands is stupid. I mean look at Slayer. They admit there not the best musicians in the world yet they have a fanatical fan base and everything they put out goes at least gold. Its the music thats important, alot of you seem to have lost site of that. Guess thats the diffrence between us old school metal heads and the Nu gen. The old schoolers always looked at underground metal as a brotherhood. We stick together, why do you think bands like Never More and IE continue to survive. There old schoolers and they know whats important.

whats important is what i like. Not just some band that claims to be metal, or is iunderground. I AM OLD SCHOOL pal. Of 30 yrs. Im not gonna go down anything unless its a nice looking PUSSY. If you get me here.

PYRUS>>>>Is that the RANDY RHODES crash?
hahahahahahahahha

they remind me of priest.....

they are very unique and versitile (i think thats the word), especially for their time......extremely original too

their releases seem to go hand in hand

bunch of kick ass motherfucken metal that is revolutionary and godly, then a more commercial feel. if this continues, we should get some decent records, WD singing about turbo lovin (or somethin of the sort) and in about 10 years a crazy super awesome mega metal album

OOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOooooooooooo

Anyways, Mercyful Fate kicks bum

retarded penguin said:
they remind me of priest.....

WD singing about turbo lovin (or somethin of the sort) and in about 10 years a crazy super awesome mega metal album

OOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOooooooooooo

hopefully he wont come out of the closet

man, I listened, well, breezed through that nihil album (is that it?) by KMFDM or whatever

ugh, not my style man, it was like....dance....metal with a political message

just too....odd

I'll give it one more chance but....oi

track 3-flesh and track 6-search & destroy would probably apeal to you the most. flesh has some double bass and some shredding at the end. search & destroy is just an awesome song heh. great lyrics, quick pace. you just gotta listen hard becuase the guitar leads arent super high in the mix. and yeh kmfdm does have a lot of political songs.
-neal