NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

They keyboards just don't fit at all though. They just don't work with the slow heaviness. Ugh.

NO! I respect the fact that everyone has their own opinions blah,blah,but I actually think Janne rox this song,he captures the sense of life draining from you through the riff he plays around 1:58ish (or maybe that's just me!)the riffs are hot and the solos fit well too methinks,great song really grows on you. High hopes for the album.

I'm not just saying this,but I'm totally anti-downloading too,stuff that hasn't been released that is..CoB should go Lars Ulrich on the lot of ye :Smug:

How is this even possible that albums leak to the internet. And months before release. Same happened to Meshuggahs new one. And there is others also but can't name anyone now :p. But still, how is it possible?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but usually it's promo cds copies sent to magazines or labels. If only one if these guy rips it, it's the beginning of the leak.

Damn, BD is simply awesome. And says that SW, HB, TH and FTR lover... I;m not the one among these who say AYDY is shit, but i always thought about it as about a poor album in comparison to the rest... And i'm SO glad to say, that BD is for me one of the best CoB albums. Even though so different from old ones. But it is a killer, congrats alexi and the rest;) Already preordered, obviously.

And first thing I thought was "it's fuckin' slayer" Than - man, this is HCD + FTR + a bit of Slayer;)

I'll be waiting until April 9th, and this comment is something I proudly accept, considering the fact I've 6 more painful weeks of waiting to endure. There's no chance in hell I'll be listening to the album at MSN or Youtube after this 2.5 years.

Yeah well it's much nicer to get it as a original CD and just slap it into stereo and lie back and listen. Much better feeling when anticipation has been terribly long to put into something that sounds better than computer speakers and listen all songs in one session!:kickass:

Yeah well it's much nicer to get it as a original CD and just slap it into stereo and lie back and listen. Much better feeling when anticipation has been terribly long to put into something that sounds better than computer speakers and listen all songs in one session!:kickass:

Yea, for me listening to this album as a bunch of leaks would be like getting married in an online chat conversation or something.. I've been speculation shitloads of time about Blooddrunk since the days it was only a rumour.. So I don't feel it would be appropriate to listen now..

Fuck, is it a joke ? Common people, EVERY FUCKING BAND has new albums leaked before its release since 2000; didn't you expected it !? It's sad, devastating for the band, but this album will be sold anyway, am I wrong ? Every fucking release sounds nowaday like a big marketing project more that MUSIC !! Blooddrunk isn't the Graal, it's still an ALBUM with MUSIC on it, and what's the difference if people hear it now instead of on April 9th ? I understand the band didn't wanted to play some new songs live, because it's better to discover them in real good quality (well at least, correct mp3), but fuck, it's only one month earlier ! I understand the band is pissed about it, but that's the rules, promo Cds are leaked all the time. Here in France, same guy broke into U2's recording studio to steal "How To Dismantle..." demo cd, so you think Spinefarm employees will tell themselves "common no, this is not a good thing, let's be nice and not put the album on the net" ?? You live in 2008, remember. Some people downloaded Blooddrunk, as I did, listened to it, and want to talk about it, about its musicality, its harmonies, the new composants of CoB's music; and not to claim "I downloaded it faster than you, but I won't be listening to it anyway". If people don't wanna know about BD before its release, then just leave the thread, or open another one. You just can't say "OMGOMG I wanna know how it sounds as fast as possible" and blame people who can't wait monthes to hear it. Nobody signed any "By entering the board, I claim all my respect and loyalty to CoB, and I promise not to download their cds before they're released" paper or what, Blooddrunk isn't an industrial top-secret project, it's supposed to be music proposed to the world by some artist. Now I see it only as a way to make money for the band. Some bands should remember music is an art : as an exemple, Radiohead, Jon Wesley, Nine Inch Nails give their music for free sometimes, because it is made for people to enjoy it, not as any common job. I didn't stole some poor guy his money.

Sorry for this long post, I know it'll be flamed/ignored/deleted, but I can't stand when bands are turned into victims who can't buy food anymore because people download albums. And if anybody (as Joonas, or anyone) wants to know more about BD, write me some PM, I'll give details. But not here anymore, not to schock little fans who want to keep some mystery about it.

And please people, stop saying "oooh I'm sorry, I feel bad" after writing 10 pages on the album. This is the worst hypocrisy ever. Really.

This is something everyone has to ask from themselves. I'm not even going to bother trying to remove all the comments on the leaked album because it would be pointless as that's the only thing people seem to want to talk about right now here. However, closing the whole board until the album comes out is one thing that needs to be put under consideration. Also, it shouldn't come as a surprise what the consequences of posting download- or youtube links or requests to PM where to find it are.

I had a brief talk with Henkka about this yesterday and no matter how excited you guys are about the new album, you should have the decency to stop for a minute to think how devastated the band is because of it and everyone commenting the album that shouldn't be out before April. The situation here is being observed closely and it's been nice to see that at least some people have still some respect for the band. This is, after all, a messageboard they pay the hosting for so their fans could discuss the music they make for YOU.

I'll definitely be buying the album tho, no doubt about that :) How could anyone get a hold of it is what I am thinking! I never understood how (unless someone physically stole the album) anyone could actually leak it..

Can anyone enlighten me?

p.s. I've pre ordered the album :D

Promo CDs are sent out to magazines in advance. and there is always some fucktard who puts it online

Worse then new soilwork? Thats Impossible...Soilwork is dead to me...3 orig members gone and Haven't made a decent album since NBC. Sworn had one good song.

This is pretty off-topic but I think Stabbing the drama was actually quite good. I wasn't into Soilwork before its release, though, so I'm unsure as to how it compares with their previous work.

And please people, stop saying "oooh I'm sorry, I feel bad" after writing 10 pages on the album. This is the worst hypocrisy ever. Really.

+1

Necrö;7001833 said:
Promo CDs are sent out to magazines in advance. and there is always some fucktard who puts it online

They should make special Promo CDs that can't be playbacked on computer...there were alot of those before. I tried putting one into my computer and my computer got realllllyyyy slow and i had to take it out to get anything done!

Fuck, is it a joke ? Common people, EVERY FUCKING BAND has new albums leaked before its release since 2000; didn't you expected it !? It's sad, devastating for the band, but this album will be sold anyway, am I wrong ? Every fucking release sounds nowaday like a big marketing project more that MUSIC !! Blooddrunk isn't the Graal, it's still an ALBUM with MUSIC on it, and what's the difference if people hear it now instead of on April 9th ? I understand the band didn't wanted to play some new songs live, because it's better to discover them in real good quality (well at least, correct mp3), but fuck, it's only one month earlier ! I understand the band is pissed about it, but that's the rules, promo Cds are leaked all the time. Here in France, same guy broke into U2's recording studio to steal "How To Dismantle..." demo cd, so you think Spinefarm employees will tell themselves "common no, this is not a good thing, let's be nice and not put the album on the net" ?? You live in 2008, remember. Some people downloaded Blooddrunk, as I did, listened to it, and want to talk about it, about its musicality, its harmonies, the new composants of CoB's music; and not to claim "I downloaded it faster than you, but I won't be listening to it anyway". If people don't wanna know about BD before its release, then just leave the thread, or open another one. You just can't say "OMGOMG I wanna know how it sounds as fast as possible" and blame people who can't wait monthes to hear it. Nobody signed any "By entering the board, I claim all my respect and loyalty to CoB, and I promise not to download their cds before they're released" paper or what, Blooddrunk isn't an industrial top-secret project, it's supposed to be music proposed to the world by some artist. Now I see it only as a way to make money for the band. Some bands should remember music is an art : as an exemple, Radiohead, Jon Wesley, Nine Inch Nails give their music for free sometimes, because it is made for people to enjoy it, not as any common job. I didn't stole some poor guy his money.

Sorry for this long post, I know it'll be flamed/ignored/deleted, but I can't stand when bands are turned into victims who can't buy food anymore because people download albums. And if anybody (as Joonas, or anyone) wants to know more about BD, write me some PM, I'll give details. But not here anymore, not to schock little fans who want to keep some mystery about it.

Please get a fucking grip.
Spinefarm and any other label you care to mention, don't leak albums.
I would have thought that is pretty obvious.

The people, who call themselves music journalists, and/or CD reviewers put the album online.

They should make special Promo CDs that can't be playbacked on computer...there were alot of those before. I tried putting one into my computer and my computer got realllllyyyy slow and i had to take it out to get anything done!

Yea. Inevitably tho, putting out previews of an album before its release into mags will sum more money than not putting previews (/leaks). I don't know if money is the most important thing to COB tho. It's not like the songs are good only when you hear them the first time...

But any fucker who's granted a promo and leaks it should be nailed to the roof by the balls.

This is something everyone has to ask from themselves. I'm not even going to bother trying to remove all the comments on the leaked album because it would be pointless as that's the only thing people seem to want to talk about right now here. However, closing the whole board until the album comes out is one thing that needs to be put under consideration. Also, it shouldn't come as a surprise what the consequences of posting download- or youtube links or requests to PM where to find it are.

I had a brief talk with Henkka about this yesterday and no matter how excited you guys are about the new album, you should have the decency to stop for a minute to think how devastated the band is because of it and everyone commenting the album that shouldn't be out before April. The situation here is being observed closely and it's been nice to see that at least some people have still some respect for the band. This is, after all, a messageboard they pay the hosting for so their fans could discuss the music they make for YOU.

OF course the leak is disgusting but it's not only the fault of those "fuck tarted fans". We musn't forget that the album was finished and completely mixed on the 7th of decembre. I know they had to make thousands of copies of the disc.
But why do they wait 4 months to release the album? I admit I didn't study promoting. but these 3/4 months while the album lies at the music magazines make it so easy for those who want to leak it early.

as you mave have noticed i'm listening to this album as well: I'd prefer buying an album whose songs I don't know but since everyone thinks he has to post his opinion everywhere I wanna get an impression myself.

Im quite pissed off because of this though I kind of knew this would happen. Im not going to download it, I'll wait for the releasing, when I get my own cd...

Yea. Inevitably tho, putting out previews of an album before its release into mags will sum more money than not putting previews (/leaks). I don't know if money is the most important thing to COB tho. It's not like the songs are good only when you hear them the first time...

But any fucker who's granted a promo and leaks it should be nailed to the roof by the balls.

And any Artist/band should be allowed to kick him once in the balls and the carnage would have to be public! :lol:

I don't feel sorry at all. After all, I WILL buy the CD when it comes out.

When I read the webmaster's post, I understood that the band must be pissed about it. I would be too.

But guess what? Now all my friends know that the new COB album isn't shit like AYDY. All of us have all their albums, except AYDY.

It's publicity. Things will leak, this is the internet. Bands will adapt and survive. True fans will buy the album no matter what. Doesn't matter if it hit the web 1 month earlier: if it had happened 1 day after the album hit the stores, the supporting fans would buy it, others still wouldn't.

Most of the people who post here, on the other hand, actually support the band. So it's not at us that they should be pissed at. Like myself, many here will buy the new album and be in their next concert.

It freaking happens. Welcome to the internet. You don't have to be afraid if you make good music.