NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

@ pissed people
the band has maybe 20 cents from each soled cd so fucking what

Dude.

So, by that reasoning, it would be OK for someone to take money from you as long as its only a little?

ALSO what you may not realize is that the leak is fucking up the HYPE and ANTICIPATION that will help drive ticket sales for the upcoming dates!

No you don't be stupid, the people that download the album and don't buy it were not going to buy it anyway so no money is lost.

AREE YOU SERIOUS!?
There are thousands of people that wouldve been waiting for the album to be released so they can buy it. Many of them will now download it, and NOT buy it.
Please do not call me stupid, im NOT being stupid.
Im not annoyed with people that have downloaded it, as Ive already said. I understand that some people just can not wait.
Im pissed with the fact its been leaked. Its a blow for the band, no one can deny that. And its yet another blow for the industry in general.

EXTRACT FROM AN INTERVIEW FROM AGES AGO:

"Karma: What do you think needs to change in the Industry?

Alexi: Well the main thing that I'm thinking about is the MP3 thing and that people are downloading stuff and everything. They don't get that they're killing the band and the whole music industry. When people say that they are a Children of Bodom fan and still downloaded our album, they don't understand if they keep doing that we don't get any money and the record company doesn't get any money so we can't continue to keep putting out new albums, that should be illegal or something like that, you know what I mean!"

No, I still disagree, people that won't buy the CD is because they don't want to buy it and that's it, they don't care about the band, if it had not leaked they would have bought a pirate cd or ripped it from a friend.

BTW I didn't call you stupid, I told you not to be stupid, two different things.

^Thought about people that were going to buy it but because the could not wait they downloaded the leak? Then they thought "whats the point getting the same record again and paying for it?"

Yeah. Anyone spared a thought that if the band gets like 50 cents of the record and record company gets the rest and the album just does not sell well then the record company will loose on it and that effects the band aswell!

It's just shit when people think "Why buy the album...i have it on my com! Some other people will buy it still and they get shitloads of money!!!!11one"

No, I still disagree, people that won't buy the CD is because they don't want to buy it and that's it, they don't care about the band, if it had not leaked they would have bought a pirate cd or ripped it from a friend.

OK you're right.
There isnt a single person in the world that INTENDED to buy the album, but wont now that they have downloaded it.

Everyone that wanted the album WILL buy it......even if they ALREADY have it on their computer.

Note the sarcasm.

Sorry kid, you have a lot to learn.
The world isnt full of honest people you know.

hahah! its 10.45pm here....FUCK!
I'll never wake up tomorrow if i stay up much longer! and my mum keeps threatening to turn my pc off!

hahahaa. oh dear.

but actually...i gotta go cos i was meant to be at mates house an hour ago...we are being girls and gonna stay in and watch chick flicks, eat chocolate and drink wine!

CLASSY!

Im trying so hard to forget that the damn album is available to me for like 10 minutes of download time.

I already preordered the CD album, CD single, 2 vinyl singles, and vinyl album and might grab the digipack so i wouldnt be hurting the band monetarily. but my conscience will suffer.

Im trying so hard to forget that the damn album is available to me for like 10 minutes of download time.

I already preordered the CD album, CD single, 2 vinyl singles, and vinyl album and might grab the digipack so i wouldnt be hurting the band monetarily. but my conscience will suffer.

good on you!
keep it up!
dont give in!

Christ... cut it with the waterworks people. You really think the band will suddenly be on the streets asking for pennies because the album leaked? The band is going to make an immense amount of money from this album because they have a huge following of very loyal fans and they can make quality music. Those who like it will buy this album and those who don't will not. Leaking it won't make a difference to those who are willing to buy CDs and to those that wont. Even if there was no leak, and the CD came out on the day where no one has listened to it yet, there still will be people sharing the mp3s.

And it helps people get into bands. I don't know about you, but I don't go to my local CD store and play "eeny meany miny moe" in the rock section for new cds. I don't throw my money away like that. I will buy CDs that I know I like. If I want to get into new artists, then I go home, listen to samples, get recommendations, then listen to their albums. If I like it then I buy the CD. If I was a musical artist, I would be ecstatics that people would be listening to my music, even if they haven't bought it; because as an artist, I am more concerned about how people think of my work, instead of how much money I am raking in. Plus as others pointed out, the artist makes more money off merch and live shows. And in order for people to do that, they have to first of all know you exist, and two, like your stuff a lot.

As for this album, I am going to say it straight, I have very low hopes. I felt that the band was going to dig themselves into a hole because of their change in style in Are you Dead Yet? Listening to the samples before I was sure that this would be a dud. and the only thing keeping me from dismissing the band was the inevitable leak that would occur. If I listened to the actual album then I would decide if I want to pay. If this album never leaked and never was available to share then I would never even think about buying this album.

But I have listened to the leak and right now I am preorder this CD. You hear that, I am buying this CD because of the leak. So don't try and say I am some thief that steals artist's money. If the albums are good, I buy. But I only buy after I have listened to it via download (or burned CDs).

If you want to see another example, look at the picture in my signature. This band has their last EP up for download on their main site. This band is obviously unknown so as a new viewer, I would have probably never even bothered getting into this band had the mp3s be available on their site. Because of that, I bought their EP through their Paypal and now I plan on buying any merch the band will sell (not any items in stock from what I can tell) and will be buying their full length (whenever they get it out). Had those samples not have been available then I would have never been a fan.

If I was a member of Bodom, I would have been less concerned about the leak and be more concerned with how people like the music. The music is first, money is second. Of course musicians need bread on the table but you know how you will get money, by making good music, and supporting the fanbase. I think people are going to see a new age in music, where the information highway will make artists have to work harder on making music, if they want to get money. Back in the day, many artists liked to write albums that had one awesome single, but then the rest of the album would be filler. The single would be promoted to hell and the people would buy the CDs to hear that they wasted their money. But these days it isn't so easy to fool people, you really need to step it up to get your bread.

Again, just because people listen to the leaks, doesn't mean that they wont buy the CD. It just means that they are more cautious in what they buy. If someone does download it and likes it, but doesn't buy the CD, then they are douchebags who would never buy the album in the first place and obviously don't care about music. But those who are honest and buy CDs we like will keep the music flowing and allow the artists to survive.
ALSO what you may not realize is that the leak is fucking up the HYPE and ANTICIPATION that will help drive ticket sales for the upcoming dates!

Are you serious? You sound like music should be a business, not a medium of art. The only way the ticket sales will fall is if the album sucks. If it is good then it is probable that more people will get into the the band and MORE people will buy tickets for their shows.

Dude.

So, by that reasoning, it would be OK for someone to take money from you as long as its only a little?

i was referring to the money issue that the money the band makes from selling cds is nothing. supporting your favorite band financially would be going to their concerts and buy their merchandises

Christ... cut it with the waterworks people. You really think the band will suddenly be on the streets asking for pennies because the album leaked? The band is going to make an immense amount of money from this album because they have a huge following of very loyal fans and they can make quality music. Those who like it will buy this album and those who don't will not. Leaking it won't make a difference to those who are willing to buy CDs and to those that wont. Even if there was no leak, and the CD came out on the day where no one has listened to it yet, there still will be people sharing the mp3s.

And it helps people get into bands. I don't know about you, but I don't go to my local CD store and play "eeny meany miny moe" in the rock section for new cds. I don't throw my money away like that. I will buy CDs that I know I like. If I want to get into new artists, then I go home, listen to samples, get recommendations, then listen to their albums. If I like it then I buy the CD. If I was a musical artist, I would be ecstatics that people would be listening to my music, even if they haven't bought it; because as an artist, I am more concerned about how people think of my work, instead of how much money I am raking in. Plus as others pointed out, the artist makes more money off merch and live shows. And in order for people to do that, they have to first of all know you exist, and two, like your stuff a lot.

As for this album, I am going to say it straight, I have very low hopes. I felt that the band was going to dig themselves into a hole because of their change in style in Are you Dead Yet? Listening to the samples before I was sure that this would be a dud. and the only thing keeping me from dismissing the band was the inevitable leak that would occur. If I listened to the actual album then I would decide if I want to pay. If this album never leaked and never was available to share then I would never even think about buying this album.

But I have listened to the leak and right now I am preorder this CD. You hear that, I am buying this CD because of the leak. So don't try and say I am some thief that steals artist's money. If the albums are good, I buy. But I only buy after I have listened to it via download (or burned CDs).

If you want to see another example, look at the picture in my signature. This band has their last EP up for download on their main site. This band is obviously unknown so as a new viewer, I would have probably never even bothered getting into this band had the mp3s be available on their site. Because of that, I bought their EP through their Paypal and now I plan on buying any merch the band will sell (not any items in stock from what I can tell) and will be buying their full length (whenever they get it out). Had those samples not have been available then I would have never been a fan.

If I was a member of Bodom, I would have been less concerned about the leak and be more concerned with how people like the music. The music is first, money is second. Of course musicians need bread on the table but you know how you will get money, by making good music, and supporting the fanbase. I think people are going to see a new age in music, where the information highway will make artists have to work harder on making music, if they want to get money. Back in the day, many artists liked to write albums that had one awesome single, but then the rest of the album would be filler. The single would be promoted to hell and the people would buy the CDs to hear that they wasted their money. But these days it isn't so easy to fool people, you really need to step it up to get your bread.

Again, just because people listen to the leaks, doesn't mean that they wont buy the CD. It just means that they are more cautious in what they buy. If someone does download it and likes it, but doesn't buy the CD, then they are douchebags who would never buy the album in the first place and obviously don't care about music. But those who are honest and buy CDs we like will keep the music flowing and allow the artists to survive.
Woah........shit!

Take it easy on the sugar, mate!