NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

Because I like the music he creates, I don't give a shit about him as a person.

toughguy.jpg

I have other bands that can replace him :) Is not like his music is unique.

So could you tell me a band that sounds close to COB?

Alexi makes music that's like Rammstein mixed with some Japanese video game melodies. Kickass.

:lol::lol: Dude what did you drank last night?? Maybe the Japanese melodies part could fit, but Rammstein?? :ill: They sound nothing like COB o_O

Sorry but even though they are good I don't see how they sound like COB. They don't have that crazy keyboard thing that make COB be COB and be different from many bands in the metal world. Yes, the all have guitar solos and some similar guitar lines and the singers sing in the same dog-ish way, but COB's trademark sound comes from Janne's keyboard, and this is nowhere to be seen in that bands.

Sorry but even though they are good I don't see how they sound like COB. They don't have that crazy keyboard thing that make COB be COB and be different from many bands in the metal world. Yes, the all have guitar solos and some similar guitar lines and the singers sing in the same dog-ish way, but COB's trademark sound comes from Janne's keyboard, and this is nowhere to be seen in that bands.

Are you shitting me, Norther and Kalmah BOTH have INSANE keys.... not to mention Skyfire and Imperanon, ffs, ALL THOSE BANDS!

Well, I must be deaf. Of course they have keyboards, but you can't compare that ones with Janne's, neither can you compare Alexi and Roope's abilities with the guitarplayers from those bands except in the Ensiferum CD's where Jari played. I'm not sayin the are bad bands, but they are not COB.

Well, I must be deaf. Of course they have keyboards, but you can't compare that ones with Janne's, neither can you compare Alexi and Roope's abilities with the guitarplayers from those bands except in the Ensiferum CD's where Jari played. I'm not sayin the are bad bands, but they are not COB.

FANBOI-1.jpg

Of course I am a fanboy, never said the oposite, :lol: But as a musician you can't say Petri and co. are half as good as the Laiho-Latvala duo neither you can say their keyoard players are as good as Janne. I'm not saying they are gods (Muhamed, Vai, Jari, Petrucci... play better than Allu and Roope, and Jordan Rudess or Jens Johansen play better than Janne), but they are better than the players in those bands. Besides, I don't see the similarities between SW or HCD (even though they are quite different themselves) and, f.e. Death Unlimited or Victory Songs.

Of course I am a fanboy, never said the oposite, :lol: But as a musician you can't say Petri and co. are half as good as the Laiho-Latvala duo neither you can say their keyoard players are as good as Janne. I'm not saying they are gods (Muhamed, Vai, Jari, Petrucci... play better than Allu and Roope, and Jordan Rudess or Jens Johansen play better than Janne), but they are better than the players in those bands. Besides, I don't see the similarities between SW or HCD (even though they are quite different themselves) and, f.e. Death Unlimited or Victory Songs.

if you're talking straight up technique, alexi is better than jari. so is MJR. however we can sit here and argue musicality forever.

:kickass: That shows that even with the leak the have enough people getting the album :lol: I am one of those, as I ordered it from Record Shop X, :lol:

if you're talking straight up technique, alexi is better than jari. so is MJR. however we can sit here and argue musicality forever.

I was talking in general, putting up together straight up technique and musicality and what they do in their bands as it is what sounds in the CD. Anyway, about musicality and which style is cooler of course we could sit and argue forever and ever and more than ever as it is a matter of taste, so I won't even start, :lol:

:kickass: That shows that even with the leak the have enough people getting the album :lol: I am one of those, as I ordered it from Record Shop X, :lol:

Of course. I ordered it too even though I downloaded it. It's a great album and is well worth that small price of the CD. It's not like it changes anything, people that wanted the album but weren't going to buy it would have just downloaded it after it was released anyway.

Blooddrunk has gone gold in Finland based on preorders. Onneks olkoon vaan!

This is of course really cool news but you have to remember that gold discs in Finland are awarded by how many CDs the stores order to their stock and it has nothing to do with how many CDs the customers have actually bought. Basically it just means that retailers have faith that people are going to buy the album.

For instance after the 2nd edition of the Popstars format in Finland stores ordered so many copies of the winner boyband Indx's debut album that they were awarded a platinum disc based on the pre-sales. However, when the album chart was revealed the week after, it turned out that almost no one had bought the album - they hit 25th! Just for the record, Finnish grindmasters Rotten Sound released their Exit album the same week and hit 22nd..