NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

yeah cuz even tho other bands started doing the neo-classical thing, they came nothing close to Bodom.

bands like Kalmah and Norther do have similarities to Bodom, I will admit. But they're no where near as good imo. Alexi should have more of a neo-classical influence in his compositions now days...he really shouldn't have this hardcore type of thing going on. or it's not really hardcore influence...but I don't know what else to call it :erk:

Yeah I get your point, but he's already "contaminated" :lol: He even changed the way he dressed and acted.
Look at this guy:
laiho4.jpg

And now look at the "I want my hair to look perfect" Alexi:
02024b.JPG

Bodom2.jpg

I don't want to say they sold out, but umm.. You know how people get here :)

Anyway I like the new Bodom too but not as much as the old one, as long as they make music I like everything is fine.

Yeah I get your point, but he's already "contaminated" :lol: He even changed the way he dressed and acted.
Look at this guy:
laiho4.jpg

02024b.JPG

Bodom2.jpg

Anyway I like the new Bodom too but not as much as the old one, as long as they make music I like everything is fine.

yeah, that's what popularity does i guess :lol: the whole rock-star thing, ya know.

And I think most of us here like the old bodom most, but we enjoy the new stuff too, just not as much.

and is it just me, or don't you think the solo in LoBodomy sounds very similar to one of the solos in HCD? I haven't figured out which song yet...but it's killing me to find out.

The bit before the solo in LoBodomy is extremely similar to a section in You're Better Off Dead.

The bit before the solo in LoBodomy is extremely similar to a section in You're Better Off Dead.
ah, thank you good sir :) I'm listening now.
I don't blame him though, if I became that famous and rich I would be doing the same, or maybe even worse things, :lol:

yeah, it's bound to get to your head.

Edit:
and is it just me, or don't you think the solo in LoBodomy sounds very similar to one of the solos in HCD? I haven't figured out which song yet...but it's killing me to find out.

I just wanted to point this out if it's bugging anyone, but I found the exact timings:

Lobodomy: 2:14
You're Better off Dead: 3:17

I don't like thrash at all, but the new album roxorz. Some of the melodies are really nice, he's using other modes than the standard in some parts.

Mine has to be Done With Everything, Die For Nothing.

Mine is either Smile Pretty For The Devil or Roadkill Morning.

Look at this guy:
laiho4.jpg

02024b.JPG

Bodom2.jpg

I don't call this selling out but dressing in a more comfortable way (except when he starts wearing 934865203238 hoodies at the same time, cap and the hoodies on, then it can't be comfortable). Leather jackets and waistcoats are far from being as comfortable as a hoodie, baggy trousers are way more comfortable than full of holes tight ones, and a simple shirt way more comfortable to wear than a waistcoat with no shirt under, which can irritate the skin pretty badly.

Before Alexi was very focused on ''seeming metal'', always on leather and that stuff and always trying to dress extreme, nowadays he doesn't. Do you want to call it sell out for wearing baggy trousers and normal t-shirts? Go then, but I don't understand why fans need to say that the bands sell out after they've put some albums out. It's like the thing with the dead musicians, who are praised far over what they deserve.

Yup, it sounds quite similar. This things happen though.

Weird, but :kickass: BTW where did that forest scenes Henkka mentioned get lost? Nowhere to be seen in Blooddrunk (at least if they weren't the small trees there, :lol:) and less in Hellhounds. Cool anyway.

I posted a review for the album on another board... if anyone would like me to post it here, I could.

I think it's fine, since the whole album's on the MySpace anyway.