NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

Bodom's been changing their sound ever since Hatebreeder so i don;t think alexander has anything to do with what they sound like now.

And the winner iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis........... Steve MCsteve!!! That's it dude, but people doesn't seem to understand it. ''Old one was better'', ''they still sound unique but not as before'', etc... That's bullshit.

i read an interview once and Alexi(during the Something Wild days) said Children of Bodom is just Metal cause they're sound is gonna be changing all the time

To be honest, I think Alexi just writes based on what he wants to write at the time, Hatebreeder was a very dark album, and Follow the Reaper was in parts, but also a very melodic album, and from then one I think he's been more into real heavy-ass riffs, while still keeping a fair bit of melody. I think Blooddrunk is kinda like Follow the Reaper but with way more riffage. Personally I think FtR was their best era, but it's not likely that if they bought out a new album in the same style that it would be equally as good if not better, because FtR was on the money. So sometimes it's best to experiment a bit. Ultimately they are writing music they enjoy and it sounds pretty wicked no matter what album you like most. So lets not have topics with 2900+ posts arguing about their direction haha.

I'll just post my review on the album here, as it shows my opinions on the album.

If you were hoping to wait until the release date, stop reading now, you've been warned. :lol:

Buttock1234 said:
Alexi Laiho and the gang come back with one of their darkest offerings yet, the new album Blooddrunk. I've been taking listens to this album, and as a whole, it's just awesome. In my opinion, the best they've done since Follow the Reaper. The new album definitely has a lot more progressive and thrash elements to it as well. A LOT more. :p I'm going to give a song-by-song analysis for you guys, with my opinions...

01 - Hellhounds On My Trail
The first song kicks off with this really dark, menacing intro. And then all of a sudden, kicks in with some galloping drums. Sounds a bit metalcore-ish for my liking, but it's still good. There are some definite traces of Are You Dead Yet on this album, and it shows on this song alot. But overall, it's not a bad song. Not amazing, but not bad.

02 - Blooddrunk
My favorite song on the album. The cold, eerie keyboard intro just grabs you and doesn't let go, until the rest of the band kicks into ass-kickery mode. Considering the style of COB's newer stuff, using the time signature they did (6/8) was a refreshing change. Definitely a song that I'd be really disappointed if they didn't play it at Gigantour.

03 - LoBodomy
This song, is a dark one. Alternates between being really aggressive, really thrashy; and then really dark, brooding, and atmospheric, what with the amount of choir keyboards present. Definitely the song most reminiscent of Follow the Reaper, which for me, is a plus. ;) There's a few pinch harmonics placed throughout the song, but they're done as they should be done; in moderation. Zakk Wylde, take a lesson from these guys. :p

04 - One Day You Will Cry
I like this song a lot. The song starts off with this dark keyboard intro, laden with strings and everything, and then all of a sudden, the rest of the band kicks in with the same riff. This is the most melodic song on the album, the most epic-sounding, rivalled only by Banned From Heaven. Here's another song that shows traces of Are You Dead Yet, but it's still awesome.

05 - Smile Pretty For The Devil
To be honest, this song was merely okay for me, nothing special. Another fast, thrashy one. However, it's completely redeemed near the end when the slow part kicks in, and Janne takes his keyboard solo; that's one of the best solos I've ever heard him play, ever. Not a bad song by any means, but definitely not my favorite.

06 - Tie My Rope
Well, we've known about this song for awhile, since the band recorded it for the Viva La Bands 2 compilation. Well, they decided to rerecord it for Blooddrunk, and in my opinion, this version is much better. The guitar tone on the old one sounded a bit weak, whereas this one is just downright mean. Really adds to the song. I wouldn't mind if this song was omitted from the live show, but it's still a solid song on the album.

07 - Done With Everything, Die For Nothing
Done With Everything, Die For Nothing is a really wanky, really all-over-the-place song. It starts of with this straight-up rock riff; sounds like a faster, more menacing version of Mob Rules. Not the same riff, but you get my point. Alexi said in an interview that he had a lot of problems getting this song to sound right for the finish date, and I think it shows here. Personally, I didn't find it all that memorable at all. Probably my least favorite off of the album.

08 - Banned From Heaven
This is the token ballad on the album. Every CoB album has had one, so naturally, Blooddrunk has one as well. Only this one sounds less "sad" than all the previous ones, and more angry and menacing. The twin guitar harmonization in the intro, and strealed throughout the song, just makes me want to fucking headbang.

09 - Roadkill Morning
Roadkill Morning is THE absolute thrashiest song on the album. I first heard it, and it reminded me a lot of something off of Kreator's last album. And I mean that in a good way, because I liked Enemy of God. :p The keyboards aren't that present, except in a couple interludes, where Janne inserts a few strings here or there. But overall, it's still a VERY enjoyable listen.

Wow. That was really a long type for me. I think I may have just given myself arthritis there. :p But yeah, when Alexi said that this album was really going to be thrashy, he wasn't shittin'. And the album is so dark too... all in all, I feel it's the third best album in Bodom's discography, third only to Follow the Reaper and Hatebreeder. For anyone looking to get into the band, this and FTR are the albums I'd point them to. Just spectacular.

Buttock1234 said:
all in all, I feel it's the third best album in Bodom's discography, third only to Follow the Reaper and Hatebreeder.

I don't consider Blooddrunk to be better than Hatecrew deathroll. But I think it is better than AYDY?.
Pretty decent review, but it seems like to be written by some fanboi. You need to have more perspective.

Hail to the all-knowing fanboi! Your words are the ultimate truth! Let there be no opinions!

Hail to the dumbass who came to the forum. You tell me that I don't take opinions while you, in your ~10 posts in here have only tried to prove that Blooddrunk is bad and haven't accepted opinions? Dude sit down, take a look around and come back.

No, you're not :)

LoBodomy is the one of the best songs from Blooddrunk album I think.

Thanks a lot, I was feeling like a weirdo, :lol:

I'll just post my review on the album here, as it shows my opinions on the album.

If you were hoping to wait until the release date, stop reading now, you've been warned. :lol:

Cool review dude. But don't let Mitch read that LoBodomy is the most similar to FTR, :lol: He's in love with FTR but hates LoBodomy quite a lot, so I don't think you would agree on there. To me, I just listen to the albums without thinking if they remind to other or not, so I can't say anything but that the album is :kickass:

I don't consider Blooddrunk to be better than Hatecrew deathroll. But I think it is better than AYDY?.
Pretty decent review, but it seems like to be written by some fanboi. You need to have more perspective.

Did you learn the word fanboi today? How is the review written by a fanboy? Ever heard about opinions? He hasn't said that Blooddrunk is teh shit and that it's going to pwn all other albums in the world and that if someone doesn't like it he/she deserves to die. He's just said what he thinks of the album, which IMO is NOT neoclassical (and get used to it because Bodom will not go back to neoclassical) but still good and Bodom (Bodom's trademark is Janne's insane keys and Alexi's guitar work, and both are there in Blooddunk, so even if it has nothing to do with SW or HB or FTR style-wise, it's still Bodom). Remember: I don't like it =/= bad.

Hey everyone that ordered BLOODDRUNK LP FROM WHAT RECORDS NOTE!

I got this e-mail from Tim, the dude on What Records that said that the gatefold LP is SINGLE, NOT DOUBLE, for some mistake the company said that it would be double. He will be giving back some money to us all. Mostly everything was shipped today.

And also Spinefarm has a little something for us as an apology :oops::lol:

Yay you luck dudes! You'll get Blooddrunk album vynil, 5 pounds refund and, if they do as they say, something else from Spinefarm because of the missunderstanding. Now is when I wish I had ordered it, :lol:

Ah, well it's well known here that I can't stand either of the band's last two albums. AYDY was alright, but I feel that HCDR was the pinnacle of mediocrity, aside from like, two songs.

Also :lol: at the last part. Apparently liking the new album makes me a fanboi.

Cool review dude. But don't let Mitch read that LoBodomy is the most similar to FTR, :lol: He's in love with FTR but hates LoBodomy quite a lot, so I don't think you would agree on there. To me, I just listen to the albums without thinking if they remind to other or not, so I can't say anything but that the album is :kickass:

Well, the reason I say it's most similar to FTR because of the dark atmosphere, and all the choir keys laden throughout the song.

Also, FTR is my favorite album also, so I consider that a compliment towards the song. :p

Overall, I just found the album really impressive, even after the first listen. Usually it takes me two or three listens to fully "get" an album (such as with Hatebreeder), but this one got me right away.

Yeah, IMO it's a kickass album. What I think is that people listens to the album with a lot of prejudices, like ''will it sound to old Bodom?'', ''will it be like [insert name of a Bodom album]'', etc... I don't. I listen to it, and then I decide if I like it or not. And after some time I might find that one song remainds a bit to XXXX album or not. And also I think that even though it is different than their older material, contrary to new In Flames we can still say it sounds Bodom, can't we?