NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

Blooddrunk is a step back in the right direction, they are back on the right track for the Bodom feel. Now they need to stay on track, work harder, and push what they did on this album even more on the next. If only a little bit more dark atmospheric keyboard parts, and melodic madness parts in the Rhythm section imo. Other than that Im glad they are still rocking, and Alexi's picking seems to of got better with the guitar solos.

Screw the bitching, I like the new album a lot, not quite as much as I do AYDY (yeah laugh at me) but definitely more than HCD cause HCD only has 2 or 3 songs that I actually like. On BD I like pretty much every song except Blooddrunk itself (kinda dissapointingly simplistic by CoB standard, I was expecting more of the title song). Done With Everything, Die for Nothing sounds on my new CD a bit better from what I heard on the leaked version for some reason, although the Children do sound like Sonata Arctica until the solo (not acceptable!).

Smile Pretty for the Devil - The best riff on the album was wasted in this song in a disappointing way. I'm not comfortable at all with this, seeing one of the best headbang riffs of my favourite band being thrown away.

Definitely not a headbanging song but it's not that bad. I think the concept is quite nice too.

Done With Everything, Die for Nothing - This song has an amazing final second.

LOL that was harsh and funny. Indeed sounds more like classic 80's stuff going somewhere into power metal stuff but at least doesn't make you want to turn off the speakers XD

Overall a very strong album, no brilliant stand-outs like Silent Night...

I'd say Tie My Roope (lol) deserves the title of a stand-out, feels like one of those bodom songs that you can put on repeat for fcking ever.

Fuck you.

Right back at ya ;)

PS Oh BTW Ghost Riders in the Sky is frigging hilarious, especially the part where Warman imitates accordeon sound XD I almost thought "Korpiklaani" lol, but anyways another great cover Bodom style!

Blooddrunk is definitely a step up from Are You Dead Yet?
It's going back to the Hate Crew Deathroll feel, except they've made it a lot heavier and a lot more kick ass.
And if Joonas Lehtonen gets to do his own review, then I sure as hell should be able to as well.
...Just not as lengthy...
Ehem, Blooddrunk is the greatest album ever, and when I saw it come in the mail today (Cause I didn't expect it till the 15th, when it hit stores), I nearly shat myself. (And yes, I'm a major fanboy, don't care either.:))
:kickass:

PS Oh BTW Ghost Riders in the Sky is frigging hilarious, especially the part where Warman imitates accordeon sound XD I almost thought "Korpiklaani" lol, but anyways another great cover Bodom style!

It's also hilarious when they try to do an epic, "Yippie-kai-yay!" and, "Yippie-kai-oh!".
I thought it was hilarious.

Am I the only one in Scandinavia who don't have got their Blooddrunk preorder, and also ordered with priorty mail?

It MUST be here tomorrow.

I got Blooddrunk today and I must say I really, really like it. I've only listened it once and I do need to listen a couple times more to get a clearer vision, but right now, I really love One Day You Will Cry, the new Tie My Rope version is great and Done With Everything, Die For Nothing. And Ghostriders In The Sky is awesome, it makes me laugh but at the same time I think it's really cool, it's totally Bodom style :p

So, great album:headbang: :D

:lol: It's cool, but I think that the standout is Banned From Heaven, it fucking rocks :kickass: It's a bit heard atm because was released very soon, but it rocks!
Yeah it's definately one of the better tracks, but I almost can't listen to it anymore becuase I listened to it so much since it was early up on their myspace.

:lol: It's cool, but I think that the standout is Banned From Heaven, it fucking rocks :kickass: It's a bit heard atm because was released very soon, but it rocks!

Yeah, it's a pretty solid track! Although every track has some great melodic hooks, mostly the choruses. (DWE,DFN)