NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

Any COB album and almost any Machine Head album beat the shit out of IOWA, Slipknot and Vol. 3 all together, but who is headlining?

The band who sold the most CDs? :rolleyes: Which doesn't necessarily make them the best band; just the band who is most likely to attract the biggest number of people.

No. I bash them because they ARE overrated. Any COB album and almost any Machine Head album beat the shit out of IOWA, Slipknot and Vol. 3 all together, but who is headlining?

There you go.

I would definitely agree with you that CoB is better than Machine Head and Slipknot. Machine Head is better than Slipknot, too. As far as quality goes, it should be completely reversed.

However, that's not how business works. They do it this way to make more money, as they put the more well-known and popular (thus more likely, to them, the people running the show, to pull crowds) in higher slots.

at first Blooddrunk to me, was a shitty album.
Badder than AYDY.

But now, there's three songs that I don't really like, but the rest actually does contain some pretty awesome ideas.

At first I was just thrown away because of the rather shitty tone (imo), but then later I listened, and payed attention to the details. And there's some songs (like Roadkill Morning for example) that I absolutely hate, but there's more than two songs now that I can get into. Wich is a good thing. :)

*no one cares*

and about the whole shortening thing, I agree.
I mean, come on. Sometimes if it's really long, I can understand. And I don't care if anyone does it, it's just sometimes fucking annoying when you can't understand a post because of silly acronyms.
Then again, it's the internet. You can just quit

The band who sold the most CDs? :rolleyes: Which doesn't necessarily make them the best band; just the band who is most likely to attract the biggest number of people.

I would definitely agree with you that CoB is better than Machine Head and Slipknot. Machine Head is better than Slipknot, too. As far as quality goes, it should be completely reversed.

However, that's not how business works. They do it this way to make more money, as they put the more well-known and popular (thus more likely, to them, the people running the show, to pull crowds) in higher slots.

Wow people. Just let me make something clear: I know how the music business goes, I really do, but I never knew I wasn't allowed to bitch about it. I know it changes nothing, but feels good, specially when you're a normal person who is going to get raped to see his favourite band for 1/3 the time he'd get in a headlining show for half the money just because they're touring with a circus.

Actually I did. Just bought the album and I was thinking that it sounds like LoG a little bit (on Blooddrunk the song). One of the main reasons is because at the beginning they use that vocal effect as on Omerta. Tbh pretty much 20 seconds onwards in LoBodomy was stolen from LoG.

Speaking of their new album. I bought it a couple of days ago, and decided to listen to it in hopes of it being an improvement over their last release... I got as far as the 4th song before I took it out of the PC. The whole structure of songs just sounds so forced, it's like at 3/4 mark of each song they just have to stick in 30 or 50 seconds of boringness. In my opinion, Bodom lost it in 2003.

Is this trolling? no. It's an opinion. Do I like CoB? Yes, they will always be one of my favorite Melodic Death metal bands, but I only find my self getting in to their earlier work.

And to the MOD here. I have respect for you, so I hope you don't delete this post, since it took a long time to write.

I still respect Bodom and their music, but their last two albums have put me over the edge.

Actually I did. Just bought the album and I was thinking that it sounds like LoG a little bit (on Blooddrunk the song). One of the main reasons is because at the beginning they use that vocal effect as on Omerta. Tbh pretty much 20 seconds onwards in LoBodomy was stolen from LoG.

Speaking of their new album. I bought it a couple of days ago, and decided to listen to it in hopes of it being an improvement over their last release... I got as far as the 4th song before I took it out of the PC. The whole structure of songs just sounds so forced, it's like at 3/4 mark of each song they just have to stick in 30 or 50 seconds of boringness. In my opinion, Bodom lost it in 2003.

Is this trolling? no. It's an opinion. Do I like CoB? Yes, they will always be one of my favorite Melodic Death metal bands, but I only find my self getting in to their earlier work.

And to the MOD here. I have respect for you, so I hope you don't delete this post, since it took a long time to write.

I still respect Bodom and their music, but their last two albums have put me over the edge.

I think you just have to accept the fact that bands change. No band out there except AC/DC have the same sound for 10 years. Old Bodom was when Alexi were into black metal and Malmsteen and now he's into.. I don't know.. Slipknot and System of a Down? Anyway, it's just the natural course.

Personally I think Blooddrunk is a great album. Better than AYDY, not as good as HCDR, but still a great album that I'll be headbanging to for many years to come :kickass:

I think you just have to accept the fact that bands change. No band out there except AC/DC have the same sound for 10 years. Old Bodom was when Alexi were into black metal and Malmsteen and now he's into.. I don't know.. Slipknot and System of a Down? Anyway, it's just the natural course.

Personally I think Blooddrunk is a great album. Better than AYDY, not as good as HCDR, but still a great album that I'll be headbanging to for many years to come :kickass:

What about W.A.S.P then? I could name more...

I agree. On many of the songs, there a like 30-50 seconds of pure boringness, leading nowhere. It's not like it does anything for the song, it's just pure boring (to me).
I still like this. But not as much as their old stuff. I'm not into music for the sake of heavyness, or non-heavyness, but for the sake of liking it.
And some of the new songs sound like there's some "forced heavyness" - just for the sake of trying to be br00tal - wich to me sounds just boring and dull.

Hate Crew Deathroll was the last album I enjoyed just as much as every other bodom album.
And even though Alexi argue it's because everyone starts to imitate them, I have yet to find another band that does it succesfully (to me).
No one is like CoB, and changing because of others is not the way it should be (especially not when you kinda invented the genre)

^^You mean like that 45 sec breakdown in One Day You Will Cry around 3/4 to the song?

But that's one of the most awesome things about the album so I don't get your point.

You really missed a couple of mindblowing songs if you stopped over there mate.

^^You mean like that 45 sec breakdown in One Day You Will Cry around 3/4 to the song?

But that's one of the most awesome things about the album so I don't get your point.

You really missed a couple of mindblowing songs if you stopped over there mate.

I didn't stop. I still have both AYDY and Blooddrunk - and I enjoy them. It's just to me, there's more places where the music is stuck on a wall, not getting out in the room, than there was before.
Different tastes and all.

but Bodom is still one of the best metal bands I've ever heard, and I only listen to a small variety of metal - because metal like Metallica, or Lamb of God just doesn't speak to me.

and for a fact, One Day You Will Cry is one of my favourite blooddrunk songs.
and the breakdown there, actually sounds quite awesome. So no, I don't mean that.

I actually directed that more to the person who posted before you. I understand it's somewhat dependant on your mood whether you enjoy that music or not. Fact is there are a lot of outstanding metal songs on the album. And if someone puts the CD on the player, goes thru Hellhounds On My Trail, Blooddrunk, Lobodomy and One Day You Will Cry only to decide he simply can't listen to that crap anymore, then I think that person should listen to something else than metal. Because clearly the Blooddrunk songs, especially Hellhounds On My Trail, only get better and better by repetetive listening. I used to think that song is sort of nothing special, but now it's one of my absolute favourite songs by COB, especially after seeing it live.

^So Blooddrunk songs worked good live? That's what I thought, HHOMT is a very agressive song, it should get people moving.
I've noticed though, that Alexi doesn't really sing Blooddrunk with the correct lyrics on stage.

I actually directed that more to the person who posted before you. I understand it's somewhat dependant on your mood whether you enjoy that music or not. Fact is there are a lot of outstanding metal songs on the album. And if someone puts the CD on the player, goes thru Hellhounds On My Trail, Blooddrunk, Lobodomy and One Day You Will Cry only to decide he simply can't listen to that crap anymore, then I think that person should listen to something else than metal. Because clearly the Blooddrunk songs, especially Hellhounds On My Trail, only get better and better by repetetive listening. I used to think that song is sort of nothing special, but now it's one of my absolute favourite songs by COB, especially after seeing it live.

You're right, blooddrunk did became better by several listens (unlike many CoB albums, they were good from the start but w/e).
And I'm no straight out metal guy, so yeah :p

I think it's mainly due to the fact that the new albums good stuff is hidden, mostly because of the kinda muddy tone, and not so outstanding lead as before.
You have to listen more carefully.
Still they changed more to the trashy and LoG side, wich is not how I like my music.