NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

just wait for a high quality picture. this one was probably downsized and then made big again (or something like that) so the quality isn't that good.

Ok, Innuendo sent me the scans, so here is the short story about CoB:

THRASH-DRUNK
The Finns Children Of Bodom have recorded a new Album and invite to an audience. The CD is called "Blooddrunk", will be released on April 18th and features more Thrash Metal than the previous albums. Metal Hammer travelled to Helsinki and talked to Guitarist and vocalist Alexi Laiho and Keyboarder Janne Warman.

December 6th 2007. [Boring introduction about Finland]
Not much changed in questions of sound and arrangement - but one thing sticks out: Children of Bodom have increased the speed and play more Thrash Metal than ever before. The "Unholy Alliance" tour with Slayer seems to have influenced them. "No, that can't be said. First of all, we look at our preferences and write songs we like. That's the primary goal", Alexi relativizes. Warman though says: "Of course you can't completely disengage yourself from influences. After all, you're on tour with a band for two months and their sound always surrounds you. Plus, it's Slayer..." At this point, Alexi agreed: "Ok, from this point of view, I agree. Somehow, such an external influence surely plays a role in the subconscious mind. But you don't write songs which have to sound like slayer by hook or by crook."

In the first line, the musicians let influence them by themselves. That's shown by their guitar/keyboard-duels, the gang-shouts and two tracks, which remind of their famous half-ballad Angels don't kill. But Janne and Alexi both deny that they used something like a "Children-Of.Bodom-Formula". "We just write the songs how they come across", Alexi straightens out.

Although there's much self-confidence in Alexi's words: He has no problem with saying that - at least when it comes to recording of the voice - a little external help was not wrong. "I needed someone who's a good vocalist, who has the knowledge of producing, and who has my absolute trust", so the string-wizard. They choiced Hypocrisy/Pain-boss and producer-expert Peter Tägtgren who was only responsible for Alexi's singing. "He helped me and gave many useful tips." And Janne agrees: "On no previous recording, Alexi was as relaxed as during the voice-recording for this album."

Stay tuned for part 2...

Nothing new, just that they talked themselves to a dead end about mimicing some things about Slayer, which I knew ages ago they'd do with this album :lol:

April 18th? What the fuck? I thought it was April 4th. :/

And, if it sounds like Slayer.... I'll be so pissed

PART 2: I added the titles, because the mag didn't have them yet.

The songs of BLOODDRUNK

1. Hellhounds On My Trail
- Old school thrasher, Destruction at it's best. Keyboard-walls give additional solidity. In the bridge and the chorus, the tempo decreases a bit. After an anthem-like part with double-bass and keys, again thrash: Uffta-Uffta plus Slayer-solo.
Fast Opener, but still traditional CoB.

2. Blooddrunk
- Gang-shouts show that it's the title track. At the beginning keyboard-stuff, than double-bass. In the further progress: breakdowns, doublebass, whispering voice. When the band plays mid-tempo, their rock-appeal becomes visible. Alexi's singing reminds of Jeff Walker from mighty Carcass and some arrangements of the verses remind of the british death/grind legend too.

3. LoBodomy
- LoBodomy is clearly a song of the category "Angels Don't Kill". Stamping at the beginning - but all in all just "reduced" thrash. At the end: wild solo-guitar stuff. Not a "dangerous" song.

4. One Day You Will Cry
- Intro with keyboard-pads in the style of the 80s. Then wild riffing and drumming. After that vehement beginning the song proceeds in midtempo with many melodies. Later the song goes faster again with the repeated intro. It ends with a short breakdown-passage.

5. Smile Pretty For The Devil
- Many tempo-changes dominate the 5th track. The firm snare urges the song. Thrash-like, fast, hard riffing - that's what the CoB-Fan likes. Typical CoB-Melodies during the bridge, Solo-Stuff at the end.

6. Tie My Rope
- Janne Warmans's keys were and are essential for the CoB-Sound. That gets visible one more time at the beginning of Tie My Rope. Stamping Power Metal and high speed are the basis of the song. Gang shouts, fast forward.

7. Done With Everything, Die For Nothing
- Rough Riffing lies on the typical keyboard ground. Finally the thrash-club is raised again - sadly just for a short time because of a break and midtempo parts. Only during the leadguitar-parts, the speed increases again. Before the faster part at the end: Guitar/Keyboard-duels.

8. Banned From Heaven
Hi-Hat-Intermezzo in the intro. The track starts with a half-acoustic, balladesc part. Then it gets harder again: Midtempo with doublebass. Again a song which reminds of Angel's don't kill. Because of the constant double bass, it reminds of the slow, epic Hypocrisy songs (Roswell 47) too. Wild soloing at the end.

9. Roadkill Morning
The band saved the maybe best song up. Out of nothing comes a furious thrash-grenade, only interrupted by short midtempo stuff. Later, keyboards dominate ontop of interesting guitar parts. A Power Metal part is played right before the song ends in a Death/Thrash-Inferno.

All in All:
Not much new at Bodom's place, but the speed increased enormously compared to AYDY. One or two weaker songs, but this opinion can change after a longer analysis.​

Btw, the author is Anzo Sadoni. He mainly writes Death and Grind Reviews in the mag.

Sorry for my english, but I think it's understandable enough. Have fun.

Well this just ruins the whole "Red, Green, Blue, Red, Green,....." tradition if that is the cover art. I only brought this up because someone said that months ago. And up until now, it was true.:cry:

blooddrunkblueversionte8.jpg

here is a little color correction, the way it was supposed to be in the series.
and as already have been mentioned the blood could be done better but maybe its just because its a low res picture.
i actually dig this cover design its cool i like it. its straight in the face idea like they like it and mention all the time and just like their last 2 albums mix sound (which i hate)