NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

10 songs? That's a bit too crazy for my liking. I seriously doubt they'd abandon the "9 song per album" thing they started with Hatebreeder, this far into their career.

Maybe one of the 10 songs is a B-side or something, like Knuckleduster was. Then we get 9 album songs, and 3 covers and a B-side to distribute amongst the single(s). Makes sense, does it not?

^You mean they'd release that 10th not-so-good song like a B-single song? So the release would have the actual single title song, another song plus a cover song? Well there's theory..

I *think* they'll release a single (1 album song (X) and a B-side (Y) and possibly a cover (Z1)), an album containing 9 songs (incl. X) and they'll use Y + Z1, Z2, and Z3 (the covers) as bonustracks on different releases.

it looks like math now :|

It's so fucking silent on the news and this forum and it's Sunday so let's speculate..

What the hell is up with the working title Pekingin kasvis? Maybe the actual song title will be Bei Jing Vegetable Springroll :p Can anyone remember if they publicly used working titles for songs on the previous albums? I was only around when AYDY? was being made but can't recall anything like this.

The titles Eka & Toka (First & Second).. does this mean the order at which they came up with new songs, or the order at which they already know the album will start?

It's also good to know as confirmed that they have a Slow song again.

What about a Bodom -themed song? Wonder which one that will be..

I remember 2005 spring in an interview Alexi gave out song names Punch Me I Bleed & Bastards Of Bodom. I hope there will be a similar interview during this studio errand. Did Alexi give out the names Roundtrip 2 Hell and Back & Pretty for the Devil just for taste and to increase the intensity of the wait?

Does Alexi have the lyrics ready?

Btw, in case some of you didn't know.. When COB entered the studio to record AYDY?, Alexi didn't have lyrics for three songs. I thought those songs were IYWP, Next in Line and Bastards Of Bodom, but no, they were actually Living Dead Beat, Are You Dead Yet? and We're Not Gonna Fall, which he used time drinking on his balcony and just thinking about the lyrics, and he figured they were the best lyrics he'd written..

yeah Alexi makes lyrics in a strange way...

He came up with the lyrics on most SW tracks in the studio, and I like those songs soo much :D

And I think the 'first, second' is the order they came up with the songs, that makes the most sense. However, one theory doesn't have to exclude the other right? :)

well,alexi isn't known to be precisely someone very fused with the lyrics(live he only sings something recognisable on AYDY songs and on the choruses),and as AndreasS has said,most of SW or all were written in the studio.and btw,in case someone doesn't know:kissing the shadows wasn't even composed when they entered the studio for ftr,but alexi felt like the album was too short and composed kissing the shadows(the whole song,not the lyrics)in the studio and added it to the album.

This album will most likely have 10 songs :D It'll fucking rule.. I'm not expecting as good soloing as on Hatebreeder, but if the songs are really heavy and fast and cool then it'll rock.. Tie My Rope sounds kind of "unnatural", but I think at least the guitar sound could change somewhat.

'This album will most likely have 10 songs'

Unless you got some info I didn't read yet, that's your opinion and NOT fact. you could say: 'I think the album..' or 'I hope the album..'. but by stating this the way you did you're just spreading rumours.

Yea but they said they'll have 9-10 songs depending whether they're happy with this black sheep song or not, and recently they stated they are happy with every song.

I hope the only downside to this album is that it's coming too late.

Well, now they've had more time than ever, so there can be no excuses if the album is a disappointment. This time it's not like Spinefarm gave us 14 days to compose 8 songs.. I think this album was originally scheduled for release this autumn.. but they had 5 songs ready last spring, and now the rest, so it should be really good..

lets hope you're right,because even though I like both AYDY? and Tie My Roope,I don't think another AYDY? whould be enugh.they CAN compose better(SW,FTR,HB and HCD prove it),son if they have had time,then there's no excuse for a shitty album.

I would like some riffs more in the style of Sinergy and AYDY, instead of powerchords with melodies on top.

This album will most likely have 10 songs :D

Evidence from their past four albums, would disagree.

Especially considering they recorded 10 original songs for AYDY in the first place; one became a B-side, and the remaining 9 were placed on the album. I think we'll see the same situation happening here.

Now, I'm not saying I'm correct. But I feel this is the most plausible option.

It'll fucking rule.. I'm not expecting as good soloing as on Hatebreeder, but if the songs are really heavy and fast and cool then it'll rock.. Tie My Rope sounds kind of "unnatural", but I think at least the guitar sound could change somewhat.

I didn't like the "heavier/chunkier = better" mentality that AYDY showed. But it was still an okay album, I guess.

If they just did these things for the next album, I'd be satisfied:
  • Get Alexi's vocals to improve (Give me some death shrieks/growls, damnit), none of that gremlin-sound that Alexi does on Tie my Rope.
  • And get back in fucking D-standard tuning.

well,this are conditions that I would be delighted to see again(SW-HB vocal style+D tuning DGCFAD),even though AYDY? vocals were not that bad and Sixpounder fucking rocks and it's in drop C.it just depends on how they use the tunings and how much alcohol has alexi drank when recording the vocals,LOL.