NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

^A friend made the best ever interpretation of COB's music, he described it as kyrpähevi after a long time of thinking. It would mean something like brutal power heavy metal.

Melo-death is usually bands like In Flames, Arch Enemy, At The Gates and Dark Tranquility. I wouldn't class that as power/speed/thrash because it just doesn't sound the same.

Your point was "There is no such thing", which is wrong. :p

People have different opinions of genres, there are also alot of stupid genre's like battle-viking-folk-whatever, i guess it's up the anyone to decide what they want to use. I would consider melodic death to be death metal with melodic elements. I just think it's a stupid name.

^A friend made the best ever interpretation of COB's music, he described it as kyrpähevi after a long time of thinking. It would mean something like brutal power heavy metal.

On IRC gallery its widely known as "kikkelihevi". Fuck...everything that includes arpeggios is kikkeliheviä to them :lol:

I'd say you got 'extreme power metal' (power metal with harsh vocals) on one hand, and Gothenburg (At the Gates, In Flames and al their lovebabies etc.) on the other hand. But that's just my opinion. I tagged CoB 'extreme power metal' on my iPod though...

On IRC gallery its widely known as "kikkelihevi". Fuck...everything that includes arpeggios is kikkeliheviä to them :lol:

Kikkeli is a referance to power metal like Stratovarius.. Kyrpä is a more brutal version of that I guess.

Btw I'm really pissed because now COB are not interested in giving studio updates anymore.. just like they did with COB TV.. first they promise like yeah we'll have cameras all around the place filming 24/7 and we'll give you updates, but it's been a WEEK since the last studio update and HALF A YEAR since the last video.

I noticed on Spinefarm, this band Kalmah is in studio now like COB, and reports:

Later on we will reveal the title of the album, song names, videos and images, so stay tuned!

So maybe we'll know the name of the new COB album in 5 weeks! Then the song names and cover artwork.

I already see how this is gonna go. Henkka will next report that they're done with drums, then next they're done with bass I guess and then guitars and keyboards and vocals and Roope went bungee jumping and Alexi broke something and Janne was drunk and naked and then after some time we'll get real news.

I'm concidering intentionally staying away from any COB website for one week, because this wait is getting fucking annoying and I'm starting to feel sick. I feel like a jog jailed in a fucking cage, waiting for someone to toss me a piece of fucking dry bread. I'm seriously concidering this now.