3. LoBodomy --> Lobotomy=Nerves get cut=Metal

4. One Day You Will Cry ---> threatening=metal

5. Smile Pretty For The Devil ---> obvious

6. Tie My Rope ---> suicide=metal

7. Done With Everything, Die For Nothing ---> Manowar-Style

8. Banned From Heaven ---> =Hell=Metal

9. Roadkill Morning ---> Manowar-Style

that doesn't make sense :guh:

I read somewhere that Joonas said that he hopes for the vocals to sound like SN/BN on Tokyo Warhearts. And for some reason I can't agree more. I just hope Blooddrunk isn't a complete piece of poo-poo. Two good songs is what I'm hoping for. I hope the mixing sounds good unlike so other recent stuff of theirs.

I read somewhere that Joonas said that he hopes for the vocals to sound like SN/BN on Tokyo Warhearts. And for some reason I can't agree more. I just hope Blooddrunk isn't a complete piece of poo-poo. Two good songs is what I'm hoping for. I hope the mixing sounds good unlike so other recent stuff of theirs.

Yes, and I still think so. TMR demo was probably the worst vocals I've heard from Alexi, and I'm very interested to see how the new vocals are.

As for the mix, I'm looking forward to the single very much, half for the reason to see how the song is like, and half to see how the mix has turned out.

For the sake of conversation, is anybody else not going to listen to it if it gets leaked? I assume most will listen, then buy at the release date. I honestly want to buy it. I'll probably go back and buy every COB album I currently own now that I think about it.

You're gonna buy every album you own once again?? Or you just have downloaded them and when Blooddrunk comes out you'll get the other 5 at the same time?

dunno if any one has allready posted it but according to www.play.com this is the blooddrunk album art
4929625x.jpg

I find it really cool :kickass: :headbang:

it doesn't look a good edit, its pretty out of focus and the blood seems too fake. if its is really the cover, i hope they get a better quallity one

From English Metal Hammer

UK's Metal Hammer magazine flew to Helsinki to interview Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM recently to get the lowdown on their new album, "Blooddrunk". Frontman Alexi Laiho and keyboard player Janne Wirman were on hand to spill the beans.

1. Hellhounds On My Trail

Alexi: It isn't literally about beasts from the pits of Hell chasing you. It's about stupid things that youve done in the past that come back to haunt you. Whatever. At the end you still don't give a fuck!

Janne: Musically, it has become one of my favourites. In rehearsals you dont really hear his (Alexi) vocals but after everything got put together I became a fan of the first song.

2. Blooddrunk

Alexi: It's about being addicted to spilling your own blood. When I was younger, ten years ago I used to cut myself and all that shit. It's not necessarily just about cutting yourself but about other things you do to yourself and you don't know why. That's the theme of the album.

Janne: It is the first song since our debut album that has that triplet thing, so it feels really fresh musically.

3. LoBodomy

Janne: This is the most difficult to play. It's very aggressive. It's kind of progressive and all that shit.

Alexi: The whole song is super fucking angry. It's got that vibe to it: "These guys are super fucking pissed off!"

4. One Day You Will Cry

Janne: That was one of my favorites from the beginning.

Alexi: Same here. It's very melodic and so forth but it's also like a punch in the face. Especially with this song, I'm really happy with the vocals. It came out like world music! (starts laughing)

Janne: Compared to some of our other stuff, it's almost like pop music! But it's cool.

5. Smile Pretty For The Devil

Janne: It's based on a female character we know and that's all I can say! Is it about sexual perversion? I wish.

6. Tie My Rope (new version)

Janne: We didn't have that much interest in doing this song because we'd already recorded it once for this Bam Margera compilation "Viva La Bands Vol. 2". Even though it's a good song, it feels like there is no challenge left.

Alexi: But I definitely feel that the new version is better.

7. Done With Everything, Die For Nothing

Alexi: It was nothing but trouble this song. We went through a million riffs and a million fucking arrangements and it always sounded like fucking shit no matter what we tried to do. And then we finally got it down but even in the studio it was a fucking drag. It was always missing something. Even after recording it we had to go back to it and change it again. But then finally we got the new chorus and it all fell into place.

Janne: Before that it sounded like a parody of black metal!

8. Banned From Heaven

Alexi: This is my favorite to play. It is our slow song. It's like an old-school death metal ballad! It's very melodic, it's got a lot of rhythm and bass riffs on it.

9. Roadkill Morning

Alexi: We never had any extra songs, we put everything on the album but this time around we did actually have ten songs but we joined two of them together to become "Roadkill Morning" the last song on the album about having a hangover. When you get up and you feel like you've been hit by a truck. Luckily, the two songs had a similar kind of rhythm!

That's very cool. I still have no idea what to expect from the new album, but I get exited because of all this stuff. I hope it's worth it :D I'm really curious about One Day You Will Cry and Banned From Heaven. The way they spoke about it, it seems like these two are really different from the rest of the album.
Thanks for posting, it's interesting :D

I think its cool and all that they did something new.But at the same time i would like to see the reaper.Its like what the fuck? It doesn't seem like a COB album cover to me,more like Slayer.

:( I miss the 1 colour covers. They were so much smoother and nicer.

Its cool though. If its the real one that is.