New Album News

Originally posted by Morpheus
well, i like PL' s work, though imo they haven't released a single album, maybe except Draconian Times maybe, which is a complete good album. Sol has some great tunes, no celebration is a killer song. In contrast you have such weak songs like Isolate or perfect mask.
Nick's voice live is not really good like i and others said before, though on the records it's good, but not outstanding. Mehdi is right, Lee has a way better voice, when you hear them live you will soon notice it.
And about the lyrics: i think they have some good ones, but only partly. They are never as heavy as Anathema.
Anyway i like them.
to tell you the truth i was really dissapointed by the new album - maybe 2 decent songs, but there's nothing special and deep like "Forever Failure" i.e. - all songs sound the same and empty for me... so i think that the band is dead - pity, coz they were great (and this is my opinion - and to all the people i know who listen or listened PL btw)
Hope that Anathema will never sound that empty...

Oh come on, the songs are decent. Not as good as on Draconian Times but it's a very good album I think. Especially if you like heavy guitars and that. And Xavier's cover is fantastic. Dead Can Dance is (was) a tremendous band...

agree Xavier is a real good one! And you both are right, and that's why i said nearly half of the songs are good (including b-sides and the covers) and half are "empty" if you want to call them like that.
My favourites are no celebration, mystify, pray nightfall, two worlds, Xavier......then mediocre and bad ones are the rest, with one or two exceptions!

i like some songs off each of them albums, but i dont like a full album like i dont remember who said before. i think 'draconian times' was their best. i heard the new one and it didnt really impress me much as shania twain would say. i liked a couple of songs from 'believe in nothing' but all in all it was pretty shite album imo. 'host' and 'one second' were much better.

by the way have any of you been unlucky enough to hear the tribute album? except one or two decent covers [septic flesh i think was good if i remember well], the other ones were kinda hilarious sometimes.

Septic Flesh are Greek, that's why the cover was good... :cool: :D

And I agree, in all it was not a good tribute...

Yep. They've written some stuff that sound very close to Anathema... Not that good of course...

Originally posted by SQUEEEEL!
anathema can't be put in the same bracket as fukingshite opeth and the likes, ah no opeth are good at what they do but its about "songs" here not, "look i can play like this but differently, i think" BOLLOX BOLLOX BOLLOX!!!!!!!!They might as well call themselves Opel

the kid squeel's got a point there.

Originally posted by moody
yeah but what does it fucken mean?

Hmmmm for these two i think Mehdi that the meaning is easy to understand it...

I really like the lyrics of 1 second especially the last one:

And for 1 second I understand
and for 1 second my life was in your hands...........

I don't know with "your hands" for who is talking about but is may for a girl or something...

At their DVD(envolve) when sang this one he look up the sky....

YOUR HANDS-======>GOD????

I don't think so...
It can't fill with the song