New Album News

Andy_2003

Dec 16, 2002
Shiteville
Visit site
I know practically bugger all about it, I remember reading something somewhere on here about Anathema's next album. Tell me what you know if anything, please

I heard it is comin out late this year..and it is gonna be darker/heavier, and I remember someone givin' out the name of two new songs..check the "New Album" thread on the 2nd thread page..

The longer you wait, the more tension comes up, the more released you will feel when it´s there...
Also...the longer things take, the more they´ll take a good shape, the better they´ll be...(most times definitely!)

Call me a wise man ;-)

Best Wishes

Beyond

P.S. Harder or not harder, my personal wish for the next album is simply that there is the same inspiration in it, than in the last one´s. But I have no doubt..

i hope it will be ok. heres some titles..
the natural disaster (part 1,2 and 3)
closer
unchained
flying
most of my stuff is very dark but not heavy in terms of guitars. i guess nobody complains at coldplay if they dont sound like my dying bride...but its different with us...
so heres a topic for you...
* anathema would be a bigger band if they were proper metal mixed with the gentle stuff...instead of having a 'soft' reputation
* anathema might have been a huge band if they hadnt started out in the doom metal scene...
discuss..

Depends what you mean by 'bigger'. Existing on your own terms and making a few bob doing what you like is sound. Anathema might not have got anywhere without starting through the underground and driving round in sweaty transit vans. God knows.. damn, I have to fly back tomorrow :(

* anathema would be a bigger band if they were proper metal mixed with the gentle stuff...instead of having a 'soft' reputation
* anathema might have been a huge band if they hadnt started out in the doom metal scene...
discuss.. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I first heard Alternative 4 then Judgement and as you can imagine I thought it was extraordinary to see that Anathema were relatively unknown. Serenades and The Silent Enigma, being great that they are, especially the silent enigma, of course it seems are the only reason Anathema aren't bigger today as they were doom metal.

That's why I said well isn't there a way Anathema could remarket themselves to try and spread the word. I go on metal websites and Anathema are always classed as doom metal. How can you change this now ? Can your record company do something ? Bigger, more prominent promoting ? it's needed and well deserved.

The last few Anathema albums contain some great song writing skills, some great songs and I wish there was some way you could be shoved out into the media spotlight. I'll have to murder bands like Muse and Coldplay and I'm defo gonna have to get in touch with Jools Holland and get yers a Later show on BBC 2.

Originally posted by pagan2002
discuss..

* In My opinion, the problem here is that People consider Doom Metal as Death metal..a bit surprising to some of you guys but since Anathema is still considered as a doom Metal band people who haven't heard their music will consider them as a band playing some sort of Death Metal..I was asked in school in a music course to what "genre" of music i mostly listened too, I replied Doom Metal to my teacher and since she had no knowledge about this kind of music she and the rest of the class thought I was some sort of satanist or something :confused: :cry: and she asked me to bring some Cd's so she could hear the Doom Metal, when I did I put on in class The Judgement album and the whole class especially the girls were astonished and asked me for the name of tha band and the album and the "lyrics", so in my opinion Anathema needs more publicity, maybe even to expand your tours Asia, US and other countries..!

anathema would have been a bigger band if they played more places in Europe.

Doomroots, ok, but that doesnt prevent you for becoming popular. There are many good rockbands as well that will never have the success they might be deserving.

Soft reputation? you might calling AFDTE soft (it would be better to say easy, thinking Panic is as heavy as a dying wish, no shit) but most people who are not involved still thinks they are a metalband, and if so we should call Amorphis, Entwine, Katatonia, Lake of Tears, and blablabla all soft as well