New Album Recording!!!

It's very nice to know what the deal is, when they're recording and when the album will come out. Can't wait for all the details to start coming out!!!

I just remembered some interview where Daniel said something like that he didnt (yet) know anything what'll the new records sound but then he said that maybe there's some string instruments or something... didnt go exactly word to word but about. Sure they have been there already to create some atmoshpere but still if they take some bigger role, it could be interesting :O

PLEASE stop about the return to doom and growling.
I'm willing to take major bashing if I'm wrong, but it's damn annoying when you don't respect the ongoing progression of this band.
It's like some The Mars Volta fans want them to play At The Drive-In songs...
As Omar told in an interview when he was asked if they will play ATDI songs, it's like taking your first girlfriend out on a date again, while you broke up ages ago.
Usually it's an embarrassing period you've grown over and want to leave behind.
There is only more and more evidence about Katatonia stepping further and further away from their Doom period, so I personally find it insulting that you have secret wishes about them throwing all this progression out the window and pretend they haven't learned a damn thing over the years.

I agree, you can always listen to the earlier stuff or find a band that rips off the earlier stuff if you need that.

Yay happy they are recording soon :)

But would anyone actually be MAD if he did do some growls?
NAHHHHHHH...Not at all.

Though I am with you people saying there is a .01% chance. Its not that much of a dumb question this time around, he did throw some on the Ayreon album.

Please flame me for bringing it up again :rolleyes:

But would anyone actually be MAD if he did do some growls?
NAHHHHHHH...Not at all.

Though I am with you people saying there is a .01% chance. Its not that much of a dumb question this time around, he did throw some on the Ayreon album.

Please flame me for bringing it up again :rolleyes:

He can't do growls anymore. Hence Mikael Akerfeldt did some of the vocals on Brave Murder Day...
Also enlighten me as to which song he did some growls on for 01011001. If there will be any growls I'm sure Anders could take care of them.

He can't do growls anymore. Hence Mikael Akerfeldt did some of the vocals on Brave Murder Day...
Also enlighten me as to which song he did some growls on for 01011001. If there will be any growls I'm sure Anders could take care of them.

Yes he contributed growled vocals on the Ayreon album, though I do not own this so I can't say what track it was. But when the album was near release there were album previews which had his growling, so it is true.

I hope the big surprises are guests!! It would be nice to hear a track with a female singer. Though it would be hard to find one that suits the music, the only person I can think of would be Bilinda Butcher from My Bloody Valentine.

I hope the big surprises are guests!! It would be nice to hear a track with a female singer. Though it would be hard to find one that suits the music, the only person I can think of would be Bilinda Butcher from My Bloody Valentine.

i hope not - i want a new katatonia album, and no a v/a compilation... :zombie:

I just remembered some interview where Daniel said something like that he didnt (yet) know anything what'll the new records sound but then he said that maybe there's some string instruments or something... didnt go exactly word to word but about. Sure they have been there already to create some atmoshpere but still if they take some bigger role, it could be interesting :O

Are you sure you aren't mistaking for the one interview where he says that they have no idea what their direction is going to be, and he says as a joke that it might be fully electronic or it might have violins or whatever. I have just seen many people referring to that interview incorrectly, but it also might be that there is an interview where he talks about the strings seriously.