New album titled revealed!

i'm just new here. can't wait for the new album, the artwork and especially the new vocalist

Filipino Metalhead
#1 PQ Fan here in the Philippines

welcome dude!

i'm filipino too, but moved to california 11 years ago. great to know there are PQ fans in philippines :headbang:

Play nicely guys :)

Obviously for me (being of an older persuasion) physical product is always going to be preferred and it's still a burning ambition to have PQ record released on vinyl even if it is only an extremely limited run. As someone who first started buying music in 1979....vinyl is still the format of choice!

the only time I listen to mp3's are when we are writing/recording new material and sending ideas back and forth to each other but I understand of course that things change, times move on and technology must keep marching on!
I'd love a PQ vinyl, though I have no record player. I'd be too scared to play/ruin it, anyway!

lol vinyl would be cool, but low quality lol and one reason why i buy mp3's is (like i said) i don't even own a cd player. besides my computer so what's the point? lol owl city did a vinyl and i think it went over okay. and yeah the art is cooler on those giant sleeves XD

I only use my computer to play music, but given the choice (and the cash!!!) then I'd love to own everything on CDs, just to have a nice looking collection in the room and feel like I got a product, not a series of 1s and 0s.
End of the day: it's all personal taste, eh?

i like buying cds of only specific bands though.

but i had this conversation with a co-worker a while ago regarding the mp3 downloads than buying the actual cds. we came to the conclusion that there are times when paying 99 cents per download is better only because some bands release an album or an EP for the sake of releasing it. I mean, only like 2 songs are great on the album and the rest are basically fillers.

i don't really much buy cd's, but when i do buy, it's a band that i fully support, or the guitarist is one of my favorite guitarist. for others, i would just pay 99 cent for a song that i like.

it can be a win-win situation for both parties. making cds/covers costs a lot too, whereas uploading a song on itunes to be sold doesn't require covers/cd and cd case, etc.

but if you support the band, then go buy the cds 100% as well!

It's an interesting topic of debate. Personally I can't really abide MP3's due to the quality. Compression and such like interferes with the listening experience for me so I only listen to Mp3's when we are demoing new songs.

Out of interest, do sites like Amazon and iTunes offer lossless formats like .flac or .ape etc? I really wouldn't want to pay for reduced quality music since I don't feel like I'm getting the full product. Then again, I suppose you're also not paying the 'full' price.

If mp3 were to make the CD redundant however, I'd expect there to be a lossless format available to download at a higher cost.

Out of interest, do sites like Amazon and iTunes offer lossless formats like .flac or .ape etc? I really wouldn't want to pay for reduced quality music since I don't feel like I'm getting the full product. Then again, I suppose you're also not paying the 'full' price.

If mp3 were to make the CD redundant however, I'd expect there to be a lossless format available to download at a higher cost.

Well it's analog vs. digital really. Digital is easier to sell these days over analog... but look at how records have come back in the picture. It really is an odd market these days.

I love the title of this album, I gotta say. The idea of a happy, perceived-as-weak band like Power Quest having a thundering title like Blood Alliance just makes me all giddy.

On the topic of Mp3, though, if your Mp3 is encoded at 320kbs, and you are using high-quality audio equipment to listen to it, then it is impossible, according to many objective studies I have read about, to tell the difference.
In fact, according to one study, anything higher than 256kbs is redundant, as on his thousands of dollars of equipment, it was indistinguishable from an uncompressed file.

If you have a golden ear, you MIGHT hear a difference, but 99% of people just won't hear a difference, because the difference is so bloody small.