New album update

Charlie was on That Metal Show last night. They asked him about the new record. Remember when Scott said it would be out in 2014. Well, Charlie tells them "Maybe 2015" and that it will have about 20 "really good songs" on it.

Kinda related:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jo...-ive-ever-really-found-my-place-with-anthrax/

"I don't think I've ever really found my place with this band. I mean, as much as we do what we do, it's so corporate in its own way. But, yeah, it doesn't get much better than it is now, but it could be a whole lot better, too, at the same time. [I'm] only allowed so much friendship.

"I don't even talk with [the other guys in the band] right now. I mean, there'll be a few e-mails, but they're so short. It's not like I sit on the horn [telephone] and talk with Charlie [Benante, ANTHRAX drummer] all day. He don't have time for me. I do, but they just don't, you know?! It's only out of necessity [that they keep in contact with me]. So even back then, I don't think it was anything really that cool. Part of me might not have joined it because it wasn't as open as when I jammed with friends at home and they'd always come over my house all day and play for hours. And we'd go out together and we'd hang out together. ANTHRAX wasn't like that, you know?!"

That interview bums me out a bit. You'd think the band as a collective group would do everything they could to be a tighter group. All it would take is for Joey to walk away and it would all be over in a heartbeat.

The first comment under the interview says it all: "That's something you say after you're no longer in the band ."

Hope its not 2015, every time they get some momentum they Fuck it up somehow. In a way, its on them now. I used to buy into all the bad luck crap they always talked about, but I think they bring it on themselves. Where is that DVD they recorded??

I believe the quality of the DVD recording was so bad they dumped it.

I thought that was the London show they recorded, hence they recorded the Chile show that's never seen light of day. I'm hoping there's something still to come.

This is totally hilarious.

original.jpg

Like he was gonna say "you know, the new songs we've written, they're actually not that good. But we'll release the record anyway, somewhere around 2020 or so".