New album update

Latest on blabbermouth has Scott saying we are not rushing anything,that's not a good sign for anyone expecting the album out in next 2 years,I might revise to 2018

"Anthrax are set to record drums for their next record in the Westeros throne room."

Okay, Scott and Charlie are fanboys/nerds, but their jumping onto trends can seem opportunistic and inauthentic. Just get the drum tracks recorded and the album released guys.

61880-George-Michael-its-happening-i-dNrF.gif

Joey's writing?

crap.

:confused:

That whole album was good. In fact some of the songs from Worship Music could have easily fit in with some of his solo albums (except Spells of Fear, the sound quality production on that album was horrific). Hell, I wouldn't mind if Anthrax mixed it up more and played some of his solo songs. It's not like this band is a stranger to doing covers from side projects (SOD).

If Anthrax does mix it up more live, all I ask is NO song covers from DAMNED THINGS :lol:

Also, in the interview, he says he's working on some stuff on his own (at his home studio), so in addition to lyrics it may also be some drumming/harmony parts outside of the vocals especially since Charlie/Scott said they're open to new ideas from everyone. At the end of the day, the final songs conjured on this upcoming album are written and arranged by Anthrax.

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused:

That whole album was good. In fact some of the songs from Worship Music could have easily fit in with some of his solo albums (except Spells of Fear, the sound quality production on that album was horrific). Hell, I wouldn't mind if Anthrax mixed it up more and played some of his solo songs. It's not like this band is a stranger to doing covers from side projects (SOD).

If Anthrax does mix it up more live, all I ask is NO song covers from DAMNED THINGS :lol:

Also, in the interview, he says he's working on some stuff on his own (at his home studio), so in addition to lyrics it may also be some drumming/harmony parts outside of the vocals especially since Charlie/Scott said they're open to new ideas from everyone. At the end of the day, the final songs conjured on this upcoming album are written and arranged by Anthrax.

I also find some similiarities between his first solo record and Worship Music. Kind of interesting.

Late Interview from Charlie, here Charlie talks about he possibilitie too start recording the drums in december

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk of a double album,could happen as anthrax like to do things differently and against the grain,no disrespect but I would rather 1 solid album released in a year or 2 then having to wait till 2020 for a double album...

Interesting note - on Twitter there's a bunch of photos of Scott, Charlie, Frankie writing in the studio with Jay Ruston.

One of the pics shows Charlie from the back behind his kit, and there's a copy of the Knotfest show setlist.

The 30 second new song snippet they played on that night is called "Impaled".

\m/