New Anathema

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I thought Everything was weak and too commercial sounding, but A Simple Mistake is excellent, definitely one of their better songs since Judgement and in a perfect world, it would be the catalyst for a gigantic bidding war...these guys need a supportive label yesterday.

heard these tracks ages ago and didn't like it much, better than some of their newer stuff, but still not great. But its pretty awesome live though

I personally can't stand Everything, I find it boring. Too "esoteric" for my taste too. A Simple Mistake is the better song by far, though it still has nothing on their earlier stuff.

Anathema rank second in my list of favourite bands, but I haven't been too happy with their latest output. They still rock immensely live though. :headbang:
I'm having my doubts that the new album will see the light of day anytime soon. They've been looking for a label for so long now, turned down the offers they got because they didn't come from the "right" labels. They don't want a metal label, but fact is they're not well enough known yet in the non-metal/ indie rock community to get good offers from that side.

Oh well, maybe touring with HIM will help them with that problem. :rolleyes:

It's not that they have no label interest, from what I've been told from one of the label heads who made them an offer, is that Anathema is asking for an insane amount of money, and feels they are worth much, MUCH more then they really are, based on past sales. Again, this is what I was told, so take it for what it's worth. If it's true, hopefully they will sit down, and take the best offer, so they can continue on.

here's another band that hasn't put out anything I've liked in over a half-decade...

"Everything" is pretty geigh... but I like it... wish it was a little more commercial though