New Bodom Songs

Well Henkka told Zarok in MSN that they're "probably gonna re-record" it. And I think of course they will. You have no idea, maybe their sound will change notably enough to directly force them to re-record it when they enter that yet-unnamed studio to record the new album. If not, I'm sure they have listened to it so many times they notice areas where they can improve it.

one thing bothers me though...of their songs Children of Bodom, Towards Dead End and Hate Me! (Not to mention the mixes of FTR) I always liked the older one best. so...re-recording is something that slightly concerns me...up to the lads to prove me wrong this time :p

and I didn't know Zarok had them on MSN lol...this is gonna spark a 'OMGZ I want Alexi on my MSNz'-storm I'm afraid :)

wow is good have new about the band well i hope they re-record it, but if not, ill wait till the album will be released, haha Alexi on msn, if someone of girls in other forum read that sure do that XD

I hope they rerecord it, if not for the vocals/drums. I never have liked the tinny sound of the AYDY drums, and I don't like how Alexi never does proper death shrieks anymore.

^ agreed! they should all get smacked in the head so they forget what they've done over the last 3-4 yeards and turn back to their older sound :p not that AYDY is bad, it's jsut that the rest is better. SW still kick the most ass :p

Yes, their older mixes have always been better. When they remade Children Of Bodom, Towards Dead End, Hate Me!, what have you.. they sounded like jokes.. so faint and pathetic..

But this is not the same case; they've only made some demos for themselves, so they can practise and remember the songs better. This time I hope first of all that they will have great sound. Vocals, drums, guitar, keys, everything.

Tie My Rope sounded a lot like T,L&S feat FtR.

Alexi is endorsed by seymour duncan. I think he has replaced the emg-hz's in most of his guitars with ahb-1 blackout bridge. happpened pretty recently.

edit: the sound of the guitar is more based on the amps and effects than the pickup, and it would make sense to choose a pickup that matches your style. this explains why the sound is pretty much the same, but slightly improved.

oh btw, with the 'original' of Hate Me! I meant the single version, not the regular Nuclear Blast mix one. Single version >>> mix 1 version > mix 2 version :)

That whole 2nd mix is a bit strange too, glad I got myself a Nuclear Blast CD here in europe :) the extra scream in FTR for instance makes the song sound much cooler :)

Janne says they have 7 great songs and 1 that's not so great. They still have 2 more coming I guess. I think they should leave a shit song out. But 7 great songs.. I'm so looking forward..

oh btw, with the 'original' of Hate Me! I meant the single version, not the regular Nuclear Blast mix one. Single version >>> mix 1 version > mix 2 version :)

That whole 2nd mix is a bit strange too, glad I got myself a Nuclear Blast CD here in europe :) the extra scream in FTR for instance makes the song sound much cooler :)

I've only heard the mix 1 and mix 2 versions, haven't been able to hear the single version anywhere. What differences are there in the single version that make it better?

I've only heard the mix 1 and mix 2 versions, haven't been able to hear the single version anywhere. What differences are there in the single version that make it better?

Well, I used to think Hate Me! was just about the worst song by the band, when I had only heard the album version. But when I heard the single version I was totally blown away. It has a very heavy sound world.