New Bodom Songs

Well, I used to think Hate Me! was just about the worst song by the band, when I had only heard the album version. But when I heard the single version I was totally blown away. It has a very heavy sound world.

Wow. I just heard the single version of Hate Me. And I gotta say, compared to the FTR version, I don't like it.

Reason being, I don't like the drum sound (like on Hate Crew Deathroll, they sound too tinny), the guitars are too thick and chunky sounding (like on AYDY), and Janne's keyboard work is barely evident. Not to mention, I like the solo on the album version better; sounds less "all-over-the-place".

Vocals are cool though; I'll give it that.

I've only heard the mix 1 and mix 2 versions, haven't been able to hear the single version anywhere. What differences are there in the single version that make it better?

edit: yes its a lame amv, but work with me here :p

and for the record, i much prefer the solos on this version. the pentatonic double stops in the second solo are neat. and if anything janne's keyboarding is more prominent here than on the album version. Also, the guitars stand out more. shows what good production can pull off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this time COB will put that extra effort into all of their songs.. they've thrown away too many great songs due shit production..
But if they really have 7 great songs and process them succesfully then I'll be very satisfied and ready to bow.

wtf is up with those retarded anime videos..

When is this new album coming out, btw? Did Bodom sink to deeps of recording studio in this autumn? New album out after new year or before? :D

hate me single version

i think he realizes that thats the reason you posted it but is wondering why there are so many of those shitty videos up on the internet. no one really watches them and the music almost never goes with the songs so people are just taking up bandwith with their shitty excuse for a "talent".

^ that makes you one of the few. Most people totally prefer the single version :p

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad; but I just think that once the vocals started up, that Janne's keyboard work could've been made a bit louder. I can barely hear it at that point. I like the loud, twinkly keys of the FTR version.

and if anything janne's keyboarding is more prominent here than on the album version. Also, the guitars stand out more. shows what good production can pull off.

Yeah, I got an MP3 of the single version before you posted the vid. :p

I just like the FTR version better; the first few seconds of the solo (3:37 to 3:40) are cool, but everything after just seems so forgettable. I also dislike the thick guitar sound, it reminds me of AYDY.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad; but I just think that once the vocals started up, that Janne's keyboard work could've been made a bit louder. I can barely hear it at that point. I like the loud, twinkly keys of the FTR version.

I think they are prominent in both.

I just like the FTR version better; the first few seconds of the solo (3:37 to 3:40) are cool, but everything after just seems so forgettable. I also dislike the thick guitar sound, it reminds me of AYDY.

Why would you want a thin guitar sound/tone? That puzzles me. I kind of prefer the single version solo a bit more. Both solo versions have their little cool moments.

Why would you want a thin guitar sound/tone? That puzzles me. I kind of prefer the single version solo a bit more. Both solo versions have their little cool moments.

I just think that you can have a heavy guitar sound without making it overly thick or cumbersome. FTR reflects this.

Not to mention, a thick/chunky sound makes the other instruments harder to hear, as demonstrated on Stockholm Knockout.

Okay it's September now there will be about 9 songs on the album. Janne said they have 7 1/2 ready. The album is supposed to come in march. I wonder what exactly takes half a year? writing 2 more songs? record them?
Dont get me wrong: I want a well recorded kick ass album (but i dont expect).

Okay it's September now there will be about 9 songs on the album. Janne said they have 7 1/2 ready. The album is supposed to come in march. I wonder what exactly takes half a year? writing 2 more songs? record them?
Dont get me wrong: I want a well recorded kick ass album (but i dont expect).

I don't claim to know anything about the recording process, but what I've read along the years, there's huge amount of work left to be done after the drum/bass/guitar/keyb/vocal tracks have been recorded. Mixing is not a simple process, for example, and if it is done unprofessionally, it can ruin an otherwise (musically) good album.

(Those of you here who actually know the intricacies of producing an album, feel free to elaborate)

Oh great 100th post. Time to get a life.