New Bodom Songs

gratz on your #100 btw :)

and you're right aswell. And promotion and printing and stuff takes time aswell. And they will do some covers n bonus tracks, that costs even more time. They don't want to rush anything and that's the best decision. I'd rather wait a couple of months longer for a kick-ass album instead of havind a shitty one this christmas :)

Like happened with Hatebreeder (and Follow the Reaper)

Oddly enough, I think that those two were CoB's best albums, production-wise.

I don't like the overproduced sound of Hate Crew Deathroll and the under-produced garage sound of AYDY. Follow the Reaper and Hatebreeder for me, are just right.

The production of SW isn't my favorite, but it's fine. It has one thing going for it; sheer rawness.

The production on it is better than HCDR or AYDY, at least.

First of all, about the next album, COB are going to yet unnamed studio in 3 weeks, and there's still 1 or 2 songs for them to compose. Maybe they'll do it in the studio, like they did Kissing the Shadows. But I really thought they would've had enough time this time to make those 9 songs, so that they're 100% ready going to the studio, but that's probably never going to happen. Hey, still they've got 7 great songs, so I'm not complaining.

:As for the sound productions: I think the soundscape and the vocals are very important to fit together (don't have a dictionary so I can't insert the proper term). They made a mistake in AYDY.. there should probably be more growls or whatever it is; like he sings it in CRY. As for Follow the Reaper, I feel they intentionally had to fuck up the vocals (esp. group shouts) in the album because the soundscape is in itself just as bizarre..

Listen to Silent Night, Bodom Night in Tokyo Warhearts - great sound and great vocals together.

Oddly enough, I think that those two were CoB's best albums, production-wise.

I don't like the overproduced sound of Hate Crew Deathroll and the under-produced garage sound of AYDY. Follow the Reaper and Hatebreeder for me, are just right.

Exactly my opinion! ;)
And as for the production... THIS IS damn hard work!! I wished I could even be half as professional :p It takes me enough time to do simple mixing... well...

Cheers Sirius!

I hope the rythm guitars are similar to Sinergy, both compositional- and sound-wise.

They need to let Roope do his thing and shred it up on the new album. I dont see any reason why Alexi,Janne and Roope cant all solo on a couple tracks rather than just one.

I personally think that Janne was extremly underminded on A.Y.D.Y. There are what 6 keyboard solos on that album as opposed to lets say F.T.R. where there are 10 key solos. I dont get it,but hey i'll fuckin settle for the same solo scheme and better riffs.

TREMELLO PICKED ARPEGIOS!!!

:As for the sound productions: I think the soundscape and the vocals are very important to fit together (don't have a dictionary so I can't insert the proper term). They made a mistake in AYDY.. there should probably be more growls or whatever it is; like he sings it in CRY. As for Follow the Reaper, I feel they intentionally had to fuck up the vocals (esp. group shouts) in the album because the soundscape is in itself just as bizarre..

Fucked-up group shouts on Follow the Reaper? On the Bestbreeder mixes, I can agree; but mine sound fine, nearly identical to those on Hatebreeder. Then again, that might be because I have the "atmospheric" version of the album, I guess; the "non-Bestbreeder" mix, I like to call it. I think it has the best soundscape of any CoB album.

But then again, people do listen to Bodom with different views/preferences on what it should sound like, so it's understandable why someone wouldn't like it's mix.

Listen to Silent Night, Bodom Night in Tokyo Warhearts - great sound and great vocals together.

Indeed. Tokyo Warhearts did have a great atmosphere and sound to it. I wish Stockholm Knockout had been mixed like that, then it'd be at least easier to hear the different instruments....

I have the version of FtR with less group shouts and not so sharp guitars and without the Alexi scream on the Follow the Reaper intro for example. (I do have the other version on computer tho..)

What was the story of these two mixes again? Somebody

I have the version of FtR with less group shouts and not so sharp guitars and without the Alexi scream on the Follow the Reaper intro for example. (I do have the other version on computer tho..)

What was the story of these two mixes again? Somebody

didnt they have the differnece between mix1 and mix2 on SoB or something?

I have mix2, pretty sure.

Yes, mix 1 is the rare one by Peter Tägtgren.

You can see here Mikko Karmila probably made wiser solutions.

You've so many group shouts in mix 1 and they just don't fit the scheme, or the soundscape, that much, it's pretty experimental. It's cool when it works, like in the song FtR, but sometimes it doesn't, and I'd rate Mikko Karmila's mix more professional. Also the (guitar)sound in mix 1 is sort of thin, sharp, no-bass.. out of memory

I just figured that Roundtrip 2 Hell and Back has to be the second song on the album. I think it would be too confusing to be elsewhere because of that number 2.

Logic or lunacy?

Yes, mix 1 is the rare one by Peter Tägtgren.

You can see here Mikko Karmila probably made wiser solutions.

You've so many group shouts in mix 1 and they just don't fit the scheme, or the soundscape, that much, it's pretty experimental. It's cool when it works, like in the song FtR, but sometimes it doesn't, and I'd rate Mikko Karmila's mix more professional. Also the (guitar)sound in mix 1 is sort of thin, sharp, no-bass.. out of memory

There are distinct differences between the two mixes you can look for to figure out which version you have; Mix 1 (Tagtren's mix), is the version with the scream at the beginning of FTR, and with added keys during the second half of Hate Me.

Mix 2 (Karmila's mix) is missing both of these things. Karmila also mixed it to have less reverb, and made the group shouts sound thin and feeble. I'm guessing you own mix 2 (the mix that the FTR tracks on Bestbreeder have).

At least that's how I think it goes, judging by Zarok's write-up. Personally, I prefer Tagtren's mix (which I own, the Deluxe Edition of FTR). More atmospheric, vocals sound clearer, and group shouts sound normal.

Joonas Lehtonen said:
I just figured that Roundtrip 2 Hell and Back has to be the second song on the album. I think it would be too confusing to be elsewhere because of that number 2.

You never know. On the album Fall of Ideals, by All that Remains, the track named Six, is actually track 7. So, you never know. :S

There are distinct differences between the two mixes you can look for to figure out which version you have; Mix 1 (Tagtren's mix), is the version with the scream at the beginning of FTR, and with added keys during the second half of Hate Me.

Mix 2 (Karmila's mix) is missing both of these things. Karmila also mixed it to have less reverb, and made the group shouts sound thin and feeble. I'm guessing you own mix 2 (the mix that the FTR tracks on Bestbreeder have).

At least that's how I think it goes, judging by Zarok's write-up. Personally, I prefer Tagtren's mix (which I own, the Deluxe Edition of FTR). More atmospheric, vocals sound clearer, and group shouts sound normal.

I think it's matter of taste. I feel there's something missing from mix 1.. you can hardly hear the guitars in some parts.. both have pros and cons..

You never know. On the album Fall of Ideals, by All that Remains, the track named Six, is actually track 7. So, you never know. :S

Yea well I confess I was maybe overconfident when that idea flashed thru my mind.. I just really fucking need some news, I really want to see the track list..

dude, the info on SOB is totally true. I have a mix 1 (= nuclear blast) version of FTR and it really is mix 1. Only mistake on SOB is, they say Bestbreeder contains mix 1. that's bull as:
1. BB was a korean album, all korean mixes are mix 2.
2. BB was released in 2003. All mix 1 versions sorta had to be replaced by the newer mix 2 versions by then.
3. If you download BB from rapidshare/torrents you'll see for yourself it is mix 2. :)

oh and BTW, the 'scream at the beginning of FTR' should be 'the scream just before the vocals normally start' :) it's after 37 sec. or something :)