new CD's!!!! anyone else???

you forget....people who like clean / power metal vocals only like the death vocals when Glen from ProgPower tells them the band is good. then they will like it.

the only thing new I got this past week was two early Mago De Oz disc....both of which are great. I am really enjoying the "Belfast" disc....I was really surpised when the singer for Astral Doors/Wuthering Hieghts did one song.

Maybe they just need someone to introduce them to a certain band. A long time ago I wouldn't be caught dead listening to black metal, that all changed when I saw Immortal live. :headbang:

Maybe they just need someone to introduce them to a certain band. A long time ago I wouldn't be caught dead listening to black metal, that all changed when I saw Immortal live. :headbang:

I recommend Impaled Nazarene. They have many influences from black metal, to power metal, to punk. really good blend. get "all that you fear" best one they have.

Today I got:
Electric Wizard - Witchcult Today
Sigh - Hangman's Hymn
Diabolical Masquerade - Death's Design

And I met Johnny Knoxville at Amoeba :p

I went CD crazy today.....ordered the following disc

SKYCLAD - WAYWARD SONS OF MOTHER EARTH
NIGHTSCAPE - SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT
KALEDON - CHAPTER III: THE WAY OF THE LIGHT
KALEDON - CHAPTER II: THE KING'S RESCUE
OLYMPUS MONS - Medevil
Aqauaria - first disc

went to Metal haven and picked up
Eluveitie - Spirit
Eluveitie - ven
Primoridal - To The Nameless Dead

I went CD crazy today.....ordered the following disc

SKYCLAD - WAYWARD SONS OF MOTHER EARTH
NIGHTSCAPE - SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT
KALEDON - CHAPTER III: THE WAY OF THE LIGHT
KALEDON - CHAPTER II: THE KING'S RESCUE
OLYMPUS MONS - Medevil
Aqauaria - first disc

went to Metal haven and picked up
Eluveitie - Spirit
Eluveitie - ven
Primoridal - To The Nameless Dead

Who did you order from?
I ordered recently from THE END, but haven't received anything... :(

How does this compare to Conquistador?

Ken

I will let you know this week when it shows up. This disc is highly awaited at my place. "Conquistador" was such a great disc, it will be hard to top. Too bad it is nearly impossible to get anywhere asides mail order. Same goes for the newest Twisted Tower Dire. I still cant stop listening to the newest Derdain!!!!!! One of the best power metal releases this year.

It's not exactly a CD... But I ordered and got in the new Candlemass DVD (the 20th anniversary party one), and it was allright. The video and audio quality aren't over the top or anything, but you can tell they didn't doctor it up or anything and it maintains the feel of the performance. It's pretty good.

DOOMSWORD - LET THE BATTLE COMMENCE

Ok, I have been waiting to hear these guys for a VERY long time. On paper, they sound like EVERYTHING I would want in a band. Epic, heavy, doom.

I must say, while this album is good, I was expecting a LOT more. Maybe this isn't their best output.

Musically, they remind me of early Candlemass.

Lyrically, I think it falls short. The lyrics and choruses are not memorable at all.

I will need to spin this again.
I see their most recent on a lot of folks top 10 for 2007. Maybe this is a band that gets better with time.