new CD's!!!! anyone else???

I would say it's even better than Veggie did. In terms of vid quality, think Alive in Athens, but being actually the audio that goes with the video. In terms of audio, the vocals are a little low in the mix, but it's fine, although I'm not usually one to complain about such things...:p

I like that it's got more of a live feel than most DVDs.

Yes, like I said, it's not doctored. But there's a few times the vocals are pretty much completely inaudible; which is a shame. But the mix is generally allright. They played well, and the video quality is decent.

I was kind of sad that Tony Martin didn't sing as well as he used to with Black Sabbath; also. But I do enjoy Mikael Akerfeldt's version of At The Gallows End. Rob Lowe handles the vocal duties on his part in Solitude EXTREMELY well (a lot of emotion and inflection)... But you can only hear him about half of the time. Still, it was worth the $16 I paid.

Immediately after seeing it at Veggie's house, I went home and ordered it.

Surprise, surprise. :lol:

Did you get it off Amazon? Also, what was the price at?

I probably won't be buying any more metal DVDs/CDs until next year... I just spent a good chunk of my money I had saved on buying the entire 9 seasons of The X-Files on Black Friday when they were on sale...

I probably won't be buying any more metal DVDs/CDs until next year... I just spent a good chunk of my money I had saved on buying the entire 9 seasons of The X-Files on Black Friday when they were on sale...

I have a huge collection of DVD's...over 900 and tons and tons of metal DVD's. I love having an all region player.

NOCTURNAL RITES - THE 8TH SIN

:puke:
What the f*ck happened to these guys?
Where is the power?
Where are the infectuous melodies?

The choruses sound like they are influenced by lite metal from the 80s (Winger, Europe, etc).

This is a MAJOR letdown from the stellar Grand Illusion.

I put off getting this for a while from all the negative reviews. I wish I stayed away. I really enjoy Shadowland through Grand Illusion. These guys were consistent while progressing.

Oh well......

NOCTURNAL RITES - THE 8TH SIN

:puke:
What the f*ck happened to these guys?
Where is the power?
Where are the infectuous melodies?

The choruses sound like they are influenced by lite metal from the 80s (Winger, Europe, etc).

This is a MAJOR letdown from the stellar Grand Illusion.

I put off getting this for a while from all the negative reviews. I wish I stayed away. I really enjoy Shadowland through Grand Illusion. These guys were consistent while progressing.

Oh well......

yeah, there is only one great song and a few decent songs at best. A huge letdown. Maybe live these songs work better but I highly doubt it.

I'm a metal DVD addict.

Me too. I have a large collection. I am getting the 20th Anniversary of Nuclear Blast DVD set this or next week. Finally a label is doing it right. they are having a history of the label documentary on it. Showing the start of the label to where they are at now. Plus a whole disc of vids and live footage. should be cool.

Plus Edguy, Gamma Ray, and a few others have DVD's coming out soon.

More labels need to take advantage of the DVD format and do more disc. Napalm Records did a great disc. A bunch of music videos, some live performances and a really good promo clip for Leave's Eyes, about 15 minutes with live footage, interviews and stuff. Plus a whole CD comp included.

hopefully you will like it. I think it is one of the best disc out this year next to the new Helloween and Derdain disc.

I will be spinning it on the way home from work tonight.
I have an hour commute to / from work, which is good for listening to full CDs.

Yes, Helloween will be in my top 5 for 2007 with ease.

TURISAS - THE VARANGIAN WAY

Bob has been hyping these guys hard, almost as hard as he did with ELVENKING last year.

I have been curious for a while about these guys.
I was very impressed by the live clips I watched of them on YOUTUBE.

All in all, this is a VERY solid disc. Great bombastic vocals and melodies. This might sound weird, but almost could be described as a viking Blind Guardian?

I think there is something for any fan of folk, viking, power, and prog.