new CD's!!!! anyone else???

BLACK SABBATH - TYR

I had gotten this a while back in a trade.
I spun it once and it didn't take.
Then I saw how much it was going for on eGay, so I sold it to make a quick buck. (or $20 to be exact).

I saw this at a local independent store near my work still sealed. I figured, what the heck? Let me give it another shot.

DAMN! This album smokes. Tony Martin is way under rated as a vocalist. This album is heavy as hell, plus has awesome lyrics about Odin and Valhalla. (How metal is that!)

I have two complaints about this album:
1) It is WAY too short
2) The song "Feels Good To Me" Lyrically, and musically, this song simply does not fit on the album. Unfortunately too, this was the main single for this album. I have the video on a DVD, and it is just as bad as the song. Well, it was 1990, so I suppose a hard driving love song ballad was probably required.

Hahaha , yeah! And the guy with the LIP SERVICE t-shirt. Nothing says metal like ultra-curvy females in tight white jean shorts, halter tops, bad dye job, and still dark eyebrows!!! (Brings me back to high school!)

The band is playing in front of this awesome setting, which is TYR themed, though they cut to clips of the biker dude and groupie chick. ARGH!

Any other track would have been better.

*thinks of Iommi spinning around during his solo in Feels Good To Me and how pissed he looks*

I have The Black Sabbath Story Vol I and II on DVD... The videos the band made are hilarious. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is the only Ozzy-era one that makes you go "eh... wtf?" Other than that, Ian Gillan on Trashed where the car keeps wrecking always makes me laugh. :lol:

Black Sabbath promo videos make me laugh my ass off. In terms of awesomeness... I can't stop laughing at Iommi's "wandering" around in his video and the girl in it for No Stranger To Love. Of course, Feels Good To Me is just hilarious for the whole guy/girl thing not making sense and Iommi spinning during his solo. The Shining > Headless Cross > No Stranger To Love > Feels Good To Me.

My favorite Tony Martin era album is probably Cross Purposes.

The Shining is bad because of Tony Martin's lack of masculinity in it.

My favorite parts are TI's face during the spinning and wandering, he's so pissed. :lol:

The Shining was good because it was different. The video is just the band playing, it shows the awesome Iommi solo (as all good videos of BS do), and the random girls and the birds and the house and... Yeah, it was nice.

I'm impartial to the video for TV Crimes. It's ridiculous. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Olympus Mons - Medevil -- This is a totally solid release that no one will ever hear to to terrible distrobution by the label. Every song on this disc is a keeper. Great power metal without the high pitch vocals....very clean smooth vocals with very upbeat catchy songs. Highly recommended. The production is a little weaker than "Conquistadors", this time around they dont have that over polished LMB Music production. Still a highly great disc, worth seeking out.

"Who are all these other people in my band!?" :lol:

I like how in the History Part 2 DVD, he basically says that aside from Glen Hughes, the line up was made of LA kids with no experience. Then he covers quickly, by giving them some credit, saying stuff like, "well, some went on to Alice Cooper, etc..."

It had to be a very weird time for him.

I want to say he was dating or married to Lita Ford briefly during this period. That had to help a little bit, one would think!

80s Lita Ford FTW!!!!!!!!!!
lita-1.jpg

On backorder: The last 3 Amon Amarth albums

Waiting to arrive: Talisman - Life + Bonus live disc. I love their version of Seal's "Crazy" and decided I like the band enough to take advantage of The End's 15.3% off sale last weekend.

Olympus Mons - Medevil -- This is a totally solid release that no one will ever hear to to terrible distrobution by the label. Every song on this disc is a keeper. Great power metal without the high pitch vocals....very clean smooth vocals with very upbeat catchy songs. Highly recommended. The production is a little weaker than "Conquistadors", this time around they dont have that over polished LMB Music production. Still a highly great disc, worth seeking out.
I own it ... got it for 8 dollars thru some online vendor I deal with. They had a deal on Scarlet Records releases, and I grabbed it along with Vision Divine's latest - The 25th Hour .. also for 8 dollars. If I can think of where I purchased it from I'll post a link. As for the Olympus Mons disc .. haven't given it much of a chance yet, but from what little I heard it was solid.

Britt

I just got the Turisas - The Varangian Way Directors cut. It has 2 extra bonus tracks (the awesome cover Rasputin) and a DVD that includes songs from Full Force and Rock Hard festivals. I also got the new Gamma Ray disc. I've only listened to it once but I liked what I've heard so far.

Not exactly a new pickup but, a friend of mine gave me a promo for Catamenia - Winternight Tragedies a little while ago. The first time I listened to it, I don't believe I made it the whole way through before taking it out of the CD player. So for laughs and giggles today I put it back in and I don't know what I was listening to the first time. This CD slays! Really good epic melodic black metal with some cool, almost folky, parts to some of their songs.
Now I'm even more miffed that the Catamenia/Ancient Rites tour was canceled.