new CD's!!!! anyone else???

*******UPDATED*************************

I picked up bunch of new things today......

Astral Doors - New Revalations -- cant wait. I am a huge fan of Nils Patrik
Johansson vocals. Plus they havent disappointed me yet.

Scelerata - Darkness and Light -- Brazilian power metal. Sounds like
Angra...surprised....no. Still really good.

The Vision Bleak - The Wolves Go Hunt Their Prey -- really good dark
doomy horror vibe. With ex - Empyrium member too. Very
underrated band. I cant wait to hear this. It is next on the
CD player. the last disc really surprised me.

Finsterforst - Weltenkraft -- folk / black / death metal. Like Finntrolls
darker and meaner cousin.

Svaratsot - Ravgeges Saga - heavy ass folk metal. death vocals.
very good production.
******HOLY SHIT......incredible stuff. nuff said******

Falchion - viking metal. I read some good and bad things about them. I
guess I will find out. I read that they are Ensiferum rip offs.
I like Ensiferum so I guess I will like this. cant wait.
***Damn good. very much like Ensiferum. Fast and heavy and pounding drums.
Once these guys mature....watch out.*****

Astral Doors - New Revalations -- cant wait. I am a huge fan of Nils Patrik
Johansson vocals. Plus they havent disappointed me yet.

Well I'll be... We actually share a musical taste! :lol:

I really like Astral Doors; I wish it was easier to find their albums around here. I hate having to order everything. I really like their sound and his singing voice.

My favorite album: Astralism
My favorite song: Cloudbreaker

Well I'll be... We actually share a musical taste! :lol:

I really like Astral Doors; I wish it was easier to find their albums around here. I hate having to order everything. I really like their sound and his singing voice.

My favorite album: Astralism
My favorite song: Cloudbreaker

I'm actually just now getting into them. I've got two songs I got from iTunes "Slay the Dragon" and "Praise the Bones." I like both of those songs A LOT. It's unfortunate to hear that their albums are hard to get. I've seen lots of good reviews for Astralism, is that where you'd recommend starting?

I'm actually just now getting into them. I've got two songs I got from iTunes "Slay the Dragon" and "Praise the Bones." I like both of those songs A LOT. It's unfortunate to hear that their albums are hard to get. I've seen lots of good reviews for Astralism, is that where you'd recommend starting?

It's the only album I've listened to fully. I only have Cloudbreaker because it was offered as a promotional download on blabbermouth.net a few years back and loved it. But yes, I think Astralism is a great album. But see what Diabolik has to say, since he's a more astute critic than I am.

I really like their sound and his singing voice.

Ditto. It's about as close as it gets to having another Dio without ripping him off.

I really like Astral Doors; I wish it was easier to find their albums around here. I hate having to order everything.

I gave up on going to cd stores a long time ago. Even going to Impulse Music (which is the closest cd store to me that's worth a damn) is becoming a rarity.
Online shopping is the way to go for me.

Nothing beats getting surprised by finding something at a store.

Yeah but nothing sucks more than to have a list of cds that you want and not find a single one in stock.

Second to last time I went to Impulse I wanted to grab the two Pyramaze albums, the new Kamelot and a Nightwish cd and I left the place empty handed.

That's my thing with shopping for vinyls and CDs... It's all about the hunt. I'm also a big fan of buying used, because it allows me to get 2x the CDs for the same price (if not more). Though I will order online when new stuff comes out just to make sure I get it, as well as amazon.com usually has cheaper prices for pre-orders.

Just purchased the Trouble Live in Stockholm DVD along with (finally) SMC. OMG. They rock. From the DVD my favorite parts...

- when the camera pans the head-banging crowd in front
- wide angle shots from the back of the hall
- from behind the drums
- from several other great angles
- when Eric hands the mic to a young Stockholmie up near the front during At The End Of My Daze :D
- when Bruce plays that awesome sounding V guitar in The Misery Shows (Act II)
- Psalm 9 !
- The Sabbath intro to Run To The Light
- all the horns up at the end of All Is Forgiven :)
- Oly leading the count in the middle of Psychotic Reaction
- Rick/Bruce leads everywhere

:kickass:

I don't buy very many DVDs but there's lots to love about this one. It's great to see them play on a nice stage with a larger enthusiastic crowd than what we sometimes see around here in the smaller clubs. :p

Hails to the Stockholm faithful who came out for Trouble and gave them a warm welcome, and a nice stage on which to play. Hails to the folks who filmed this, too. You rock!

Nice! Where did you see the Trouble DVD for sale?
I know it is avail. for order now on some sites.

I have seen a lot of clips on YOUTUBE.

Some amazing production there.

Picked up these today.....

Sykdom - "Mjollnir"

Volkolak - "Temhbiu Dneck Yeuiyu" great pagan russian folk metal

Rabasult - "Lohhr Gaobeha" more russian folk thrash

there was this russian guy in Metal Haven today and they were listening to a bunch of disc...these were two of the better ones.

Whilst in Japan I finally picked up Evile - Enter the Grave and Folkearth - Drakkars in the Mist.

I really like the Evile and haven't listened to the Folkearth yet.