new CD's!!!! anyone else???

The Morglbl disc is excellent. Ken Golden talked it up when I was buying the first wave of CDs at this year's PPUSA, and given that he has an idea of what I like, I took his word for it and was pleasantly surprised. The description is spot on, and it's just a fun record to spin... Quirky, but fun. Well worth checking out, and essentially a must if you're a Freak Kitchen/IA fan...

Some more cd shopping before the weekend:

JORN - Out to Every Nation
CIRCUS MAXIMUS - Isolate (I have a burned copy of this but I must give the band their cash for it, it's a personal thing. :cool:)
PERSUADER - When Eden Burns
DARKWATER - Calling The Earth to Witness
BLACK BONZO - Sound of the Apocalypse

Special thanks to Kaptain Krude for his suggestions, specially on Black Bonzo :headbang:.

I saw them live at Milwaukee Metalfest...I love powermetal but these guys were total arrogant pricks and not very good.

"Not very good" as in how the performance was live? It's dissapointing when bands that sound great on cd completely suck live. Cellador is a great example of that, I really like the cd but live they are VERY sloppy.

"Not very good" as in how the performance was live? It's dissapointing when bands that sound great on cd completely suck live. Cellador is a great example of that, I really like the cd but live they are VERY sloppy.

they were super sloppy live. They seemed like they thought they were bigger than they actually were. Had to pull out an Iron Maiden cover on a five song set to get attention.

I hit the jackpot today......picked up a bunch of stuff at Metal haven. They just re-stocked tons of great stuff.

Nomans Land - "The Last Son Of The Fjord" - great viking/pagan stuff from
Russia.

Nomans Land - "Raven Flight" - more of the same as above.

Trollfest - "Brakebein" - finally the second disc from this crazy folk metal act.
kinda like Finntroll but more raw.

Ivory Moon - "Human Nature" incredible symphonic power metal. reminds
me of the first Visions of Atlantis disc.

Alkonost - Hechn Beyhoro Apeba" - more great russian pagan folk metal
with female and male vocals. Very cool stuff. Atmosperic
and symphonic stuff. Great female vocals too.

Alkonost - "Kamehhoto Gepaila Kpobh" - more of the same.

Hordak - " The Last European Wolves" - more heavy as shit pagan / viking
metal.

All of them are really good. Hordak is like Manegarm. Very raw vocals but with some softer folk stuff tossed in here and there. Very epic stuff.

Nomans Land is like Falkenbach and Forefather. Mixed of rough and clean vocals. It isnt breaking any new ground, but still really good. I have been looking for these disc for a while. Came across it by sheer luck.

Trollfest is a really fun band. If you like Finntroll, hands down you will love these guys. A bit more rawer in sound. Crazy vocals.

Alkonost really impressed me. The newest one is the disc I keep turning back too. Great mix of genres.

MAJOR HAUL today!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, I have spent over 240 bucks at Metal Haven the past few weeks.

this week......

Impaled Nazarene - "Manifest" - thier newest disc. Wasnt that happy with the last one...hopefully this one will be better. Such an odd band.

Eterna - "The Gate" - brazilian power metal

Eterna - "Papyrus" - more of the same

Eterna - "Terra Nova" - got all they had in stock...I have been screwed before by leaving things for later weeks to find out it is sold out.

Thoten - "Beyond The Tomorrow" more Brazilian power metal.

Martiria - "The Age Of The Return" Italian epic power metal. Kind of slower and very strong. It was an impulse blind buy. Most of the stuff on the Underground Symphony label is pretty solid. And hard to get. So I had to grab it.

Thrudvangar - "Ahnenthron" - heavy as hell viking metal. Epic, and better than Amon Amarth.

Volkolak - "The fest of the Grey King" - more russian pagan folk metal.

the worst part is that there was still tons of stuff I wanted that I didnt get. Plus they were sold out of the first Holy Blood disc that they just got in. bummer, plus the Chur disc too. I think I have about 20 disc that I have sitting on my CD player awaiting listening.

I recently received:

Tankard - B-day : I can't believe I've ignored these guys until now. This is really good thrash.

Eluveiteie - Spirit : I think this is a huge improvement over their EP. I wasn't too interested in them for the Pagan tour, but wow - this is an amazing CD!

Primordial - To the Naeless Dead : Gets better everytime I listen to it, another great one from these guys.

Waylander - Reawakening Pride Once Lost : A blind buy and I'm glad I did. Really good folk metal from Ireland.

I recently received:

Tankard - B-day : I can't believe I've ignored these guys until now. This is really good thrash.

Eluveiteie - Spirit : I think this is a huge improvement over their EP. I wasn't too interested in them for the Pagan tour, but wow - this is an amazing CD!

Primordial - To the Naeless Dead : Gets better everytime I listen to it, another great one from these guys.

Waylander - Reawakening Pride Once Lost : A blind buy and I'm glad I did. Really good folk metal from Ireland.

I have been hunting down that Waylander for a while.