new CD's!!!! anyone else???

nothing is more fun that the thrill of the hunt of actually going to the store. I like doing that more than ordering online....I usually end up finding newer bands this way. Just this weekend I discovered 4.

I can go either way, but given the lack of time in my schedule to go CD hunting, I like knowing I can go to a handful of reputable vendors and get whatever I'm after without hassle. Besides, there's also a certain thrill in coming home to packages of CDs that have just been delivered.

I agree, nothing beats finding stuff in a store.
Though certain things are not easy to find in a store.
Furthermore, if you find something online, you place the order and would have it in your possession before finding it on the shelf.

I picked up the TROUBLE - Live in Stockholm DVD (Finally NON-PAL version released in the states)

AMAZING quality! This DVD kills.
Also, they play a lot of tracks they normally don't include in their live set (IE - Run to the Light, Misery Shows, the Skull, etc).

Highly recommended if you are a TROUBLE fan.

Did some online shopping last week and I ordered.......

VADER - Litany
SPHERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE - Anima
AMON AMARTH - Fate of Norns
CONTROL DENIED - Fragile Art of Existence
OPETH - Blackwater Park
ASTRAL DOORS - New Revelation
TURISAS - Varangian Way
HORRORSCOPE - Evoking Demons

They'll be here in time for Christmas weekend. :headbang:

I bought Opeth's "The Roundhouse Tapes" a few weeks ago and I think it's pretty good. It's more like an actual Opeth performance than Lamentations, but I really wish this was on DVD.

All new songs, no jokes from Mike in between songs. This one just seems like they were having fun, Lamentations just seems... I dunno. It's a great DVD, but it's not really what seeing Opeth is like.

Well, I know if I dive into this further, it will turn into a pissing match since I know a lot of you think OPETH is gods gift to metal.

I consider myself a casual fan of the band.
I think they are amazing musicians.

I have seen them live a couple of times.
The first time, it was like, "Wow, they can pull it off live!"

The second time was like, "Yep, great musicians, but this is simply not an exciting live performance"

I feel the same way about Dream Theater live.

Great studio bands are not always entertaining live bands.

Sorry.... disagree all you like.

Well, I know if I dive into this further, it will turn into a pissing match since I know a lot of you think OPETH is gods gift to metal.

I consider myself a casual fan of the band.
I think they are amazing musicians.

I have seen them live a couple of times.
The first time, it was like, "Wow, they can pull it off live!"

The second time was like, "Yep, great musicians, but this is simply not an exciting live performance"

I feel the same way about Dream Theater live.

Great studio bands are not always entertaining live bands.

Sorry.... disagree all you like.

I totally agree with you. I like Opeth on disc, but gonna avoid them live.

Well, if you have never seen them live, I would certainly recommend checking them out at least once. It is amazing to see them perform. Just not a band I will run out to see. I would certainly watch their performance at a festival, or if they did a tour with another band I wanted to see.

I picked up Morglbl's new album and Minds Eye's Gentleman's Hurricane. Listened to each once. Need to listen more to really comment much. Great stuff in both though.

You don't have this?
I think my mom even has this!!!!!!

It's kind of like FRAMPTON COMES ALIVE!
They issue it to all homes in the suburbs.

I heard it when it came out and I didn't really like it but I've been listening the them a lot lately and I want to take this album with a fresh perspective.

Must admit, I have not heard of neither band listed above.
Care to decribe them a bit further?

Morglbl is fusiony/funky/metally/crazy stuff. Think Zappa + Freak Kitchen + IA's solo material. http://www.myspace.com/morglbl

Mind's Eye is progmetal, but imo one of the best out there. I'd compare the latest album as being closest to Redemption. They go for driving songs with distinct melody. The latest also incorporates some more AORish elements, think Circus Maximus. Virtuosity isn't forced into the songs, but rather occurs as the songs demand. http://www.myspace.com/eyeofthemind

Check out this review - http://www.seaoftranquility.org/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=5718