new CD's!!!! anyone else???

HEIMDALL - The Temple of Theil - I like generic power metal. so what. better than mallcore.
That generic shit has run it's course with me it seems. I need something just a bit different these days to get it done. The new Brainstorm, Mystic Prophecy, Firewind, etc, etc ... is not able to generate a lot of spins these days.

The bands I have been listening to the most seem to be Primordial, Katatonia, Thurisaz, Amorphis, Amon Amarth, Nightingale, and Swallow The Sun.

Britt

That generic shit has run it's course with me it seems. I need something just a bit different these days to get it done. The new Brainstorm, Mystic Prophecy, Firewind, etc, etc ... is not able to generate a lot of spins these days.

The bands I have been listening to the most seem to be Primordial, Katatonia, Thurisaz, Amorphis, Amon Amarth, Nightingale, and Swallow The Sun.

Britt

I know what you mean. I love stuff that is a little offbeat too, sometimes something basic is nice. If I am online or on the train, the generic stuff is great to have on. I have been in a total power metal kick the past few weeks.

TIMELESS MIRACLE ---- HOLY SHIT. I cannot stop spinning this disc. I heard a very small sample and a gut instinct hit and I picked up the disc. On first listen I thought it was a little weak. On second listen I was hooked. A solid disc from start to finish. Pagan / folk lyrics with power metal style, not cheesey but very complex (not prog), tons of great hooks in each song. Every song stands out too. This is one of those bands that unfortunatley will disappear into obscurity doe to so many acts out there, which is too bad, this band needs time to shine in the spot light.

True, but it's a different kind of generic to me at this point in time. I'm sure I'll probably tire of them at some point in time as well.

Britt

Yeah, that happens with almost every band though, right?

If they change their sound, people get pissed.
If they keep doing what they do best, people complain they never change! :lol:

I say, if you do what you do well, stick to it...

I have been listening to Mystic Prophecy, Benedictum, Andre Matos, Dreamscape, Mercenary, and Firewind most recently. All of the previously stated albums rule!!!!

Here's a haul for all you epic trad/doom metal freaks!!!

Manilla Road - Crystal Logic
Manilla Road - Atlantis Rising
Solstice - Lamenations
Tyr - Ragnarok
Pagan Altar - Vol 1

:headbang:

Just Bought
Porcupine Tree-Fear of a Blank Plant
Nevermore-The Godless Endeavor
Blind Guardian-A Twist in the Myth
Belphegor-Blutsabbath

Just got in a trade from Greece:
Spiritus Mortis - Fallen
Solitude Aeturnus - Beyond The Crimson Horizon
Saint Vitus - Die Healing

A bit of an update from my last batch.....
Manilla Road's "Crystal Logic" is a US epic metal masterpiece!! Right up there with Ample Destruction, IMHO.

Pagan Altar was a great surprise too. I love what they do musically. The vocals are not the easiest to understand though which takes away a bit.

I rank it as one of their best. It's not as experimental (for them) as Seven Seals, but it has enough diversity to make it interesting. Fighting the Darkness OWNS as far as metal ballads are concerned.

so far it is a huge letdown. Nothing is really standing out for me at the moment. I am going to bring it with me on the way to work....hopefully it will click soon.

so far it is a huge letdown. Nothing is really standing out for me at the moment. I am going to bring it with me on the way to work....hopefully it will click soon.

That was pretty much my reaction to Seven Seals. I think that got about 3 spins from me, pulled about 3 songs for the iPod and on the shelf it went. New Religion, on the other hand spent about 6 solid weeks in the car in regular rotation.