New Deicide

Nov 21, 2005
Scotland
www.myspace.com
I'll probably get flamed for this, but anyway...

Has anyone here heard 'The Stench Of Redemption'?

I think that's a vast improvement, actually. The new guitarists really add something (the Hoffman brothers sucked large amounts of ass IMHO... couldn't solo for shit), and I feel as though the songs are much more concise and consistent than they have been before.

To me, it's their first genuinely solid album since 'Once Upon The Cross'.

Thoughts, anyone?

I listened to the album twice and enjoyed it. I think its their best since Legion. The songs are both ferocious and interesting (for death metal) this time around, and it doesn't seem like a rehashing of the first two albums either. The performance of the guitarists and the drummer is also good. If anyone is in the mood for this sort of death metal, they could just give this album a listen.

Love the band 'til ''Once Upon the Cross'', ''Scars...'' wasn't too bad, but was a big improvement over shit like ''In Torment'' and ''Insinerateblah'', gonna check out the new album for sure.

Pretty good. Reminds me of Necrophagist solos.

I do disslike the production wich I think is sounding to much black metal. Very clear and bright sound or whatever you say. I would like a heavier and more crunching sound like it was on "once up..".

The guitarists ( especially Santolla) are ripping on this one for sho'.

The biggest surprise still is that the entire record was written by the drummer Steve Asheim, I really can't think of another band where the drummer writes all the material.

The album is quite good for the genre and the lyrics are about destroying catholic church.

I think Deicide are doing well on this record. As NFU says, the leads slay those supplied previously by the Hoffman brothers. I guess I can see why the riffs might not appeal to you, but I rather like them. For straightforward death metal (of which I'm not the hugest fan), I would take this over most other things I've heard.

the first deicide record is among the top 5 or 10 best death metal releases of all time. period. to write the band off completely for their last few albums would be like pretending master of puppets never happened.