New Fan of band...

WinterSoldierUSA

New Metal Member
Feb 1, 2008
Hey all, just wanted to give a big shout, I'm new to the board AND the band. I just picked up my second album from them (Paradise Lost) and I'm quickly becoming a huge fan. I bought the Odyssey a few months back when I had just finished reading the Iliad. It was amazing. This new album is insanely awesome. The guitar work is brutal and the vocals are dead on. I'm looking forward to seeing them for the first time in April at the Nokia in NYC. Awesome band!!!

I don't quite understand how you make the jump from "Oh, he has their heaviest stuff... he should get the most proggy stuff next". I mean, honestly i'd say the next logical step would be Divine Wings of Tragedy. I mean, V is probably my favorite album, but that's the opposite end of the spectrum for them. Not including the S/T album :lol:

Zach, the answer to your question: I feel DWoT is pretty overrated, and V...well, is not. So yes, personal bias weighed in to my recommendation.

But I don't think V is lacking in "heavy" songs at all. And if someone enjoyed The Odyssey enough to go pick up MORE SX, I think V is pretty logical.

Zach, the answer to your question: I feel DWoT is pretty overrated, and V...well, is not. So yes, personal bias weighed in to my recommendation.

But I don't think V is lacking in "heavy" songs at all. And if someone enjoyed The Odyssey enough to go pick up MORE SX, I think V is pretty logical.

Imo DWoT is their best album.
It has so many epic songs and some great hand bangers. Not to mention it has one of their best songs "Divine wings of tragedy"

The only weak song on that album is "Eyes of Medusa" the rest pwn

Now that you mention it, most of my friends think V is very good, and imo i think that album is overrated...

Just my thoughts...

EDIT: Where can i find this "Into the Blizzard" white album??? I would love to own it for my collection!

I also feel like V is over-rated among the fans... I just don't feel like listening to it very often.

Imo DWoT is their best album. It has so many epic songs and some great hand bangers. Not to mention it has one of their best songs "Divine wings of tragedy"

Keep in mind that EyeballKid suffers from a rare and very unhealthy delusion that The Divine Wings of Tragedy is one of the band's worst songs.

The only weak song on that album is "Eyes of Medusa" the rest pwn

Oh, he'll agree with you on that one, but I vehemently disagree. While I think The Eyes of Medusa is simply average, both Pharaoh (which drags on far too long) and The Witching Hour (which has sub-par vocal melodies) rank lower in my book. The Eyes of Medusa has that cool polyrhythm part with the piano in the intro!

Now that you mention it, most of my friends think V is very good, and imo i think that album is overrated...

Truthfully, me too. When taken as one, large song from start to finish, it's great. However, when broken apart it loses its effect on me. Some of the songs are among the band's best (Communion, Fallen, Evolution, etc.) but as a whole, the album is mood piece and not a "pick it up and listen to a few songs here and there" kind of deal.

it's weird when people join, start a thread about themselves, (golem voice)and never....come back......AGAIN!!!!

we should all feel like idiots for commenting in this thread. we are putting on ashow for an audience that doesn't exist.

HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

it's pretty funny when you think about it.

hahaha
"buy album 'A' first!"
"no, no , no, don't listen to him man! buy album 'B' first!"
don't waste your sweet typing energy, he isn't even reading this crap.

(besides everyone knows that he beginners should get DWOT before:lol: )