New Fan

Mike26

New Metal Member
Jul 13, 2001
Louisiana, USA
Visit site
Hello All!,

I was bored during a lunch hour a couple of weeks ago so I decided to kill some time checking out CD's. Sick of the stuff that's considered music these days, i was in a experimental mood, and I came across a cd by a band called Opeth titled Blackwater Park. So i'm thinking, what the hell, i'll give it a shot. I puchase the cd and immediately stick it in the cd player of my car. Now please keep in mind I've never really been a fan of black/death metal but I was immediately blown away by what i was hearing. Who was this band? So I come to this site, kinda lurk around this board and see what great fans everyone is, so I had to introduce myself. I'm a diehard Opeth fan now, that cd has not left my player since I purchased it, untill today when I found a copy of MAYH. :)

Anyway here's a hello to you all and I hope to have some great discussions with you.

Mike

Thanks winter,

It's hard to say right now, I really love BWP i mean everything about that cd is perfect IMO. I've only listened to MAYH a couple of times so far and I can already see i'm gonna have a hard time deciding which one to listen to :) , but man these songs are outstanding and so diverse, haunting lyrics and full force metal, this is definitely what I was looking for!

Yeah you said it, I remember my first time listening to Opeth, what priceless moments. I still get the same chills down my body at the same parts I did when listening to them for the first time. You will enjoy all the other albums immensely as well.

Originally posted by winter-frost
Yeah you said it, I remember my first time listening to Opeth, what priceless moments. I still get the same chills down my body at the same parts I did when listening to them for the first time. You will enjoy all the other albums immensely as well.

you bet he will! :)

Mike 26: hey, run off now to the store and buy still-life..

Hello Mike26....as winter-frost said....GREAT TO HAVE YOU WITH US!! Just wait until you are completely blown away by the other 3 albums opeth put out......and like silhouette, the discovery of opeth is a great experience and you go through it with every album you listen to! If you havent checked out www.opeth.com...definitely check it out soon!