New For The Fallen Dreams Song.....

Hmmm, not feeling this that much! :(

I wouldn't say the production is necessarily bad, but the kick doesn't sound like it has as much weight or power as the last album, and the cymbals sound less than inspiring. Is it just me or is there only one cymbal panned hard left pretty much the whole way through the song. The clean vocals don't sound bright enough to me, and the screaming vocals also don't sound as good as they did on the last album, sound sort of muffled and less meaty/gritty...

I'd be surprised if this was Joey's work, purely because of the cymbals thing...

I'm hoping this is pre-production like the demo of Smokesignals they put up just before the last album dropped...

I hate when all of the band members leave the band except for one and they consider it the same band.

If I'm wrong, please correct me, but I'm 99% sure that Andrew, their drummer, is the only original member in the band.

It fucking shows. :(
This used to be my absolute favorite band, ever.

Go listen to the entire Changes album and then listen to this shit.
They should have gotten out when they were ahead and started a new band, or something.

This song is shit. It sounds like a bunch of conflicting ideas came together to make a song.

In my opinion, FTFD does NOT have clean vocals. In Changes, the guitars sang for themselves. They had such beautifully constructed chords. Although, the clean vocals in Relentless did add a nice touch.

I don't know if it was just the laptop speakers that I listened on, but his clean vocals sort of sound like they have little bits of "dying moose" essence in them.

Listening to this track also makes me really realize how much vocal production you did to Chad and Dylan's vocals. Kudos.

FML. Another band down the drain. I feel band for Andrew.

The production wasn't terrible until the clean vocals - dear god those sound like shit - horrible tone out of the vocalist, and terribly tuned (they sound affected, at least?).

Pity you aren't working with them again, Joey!

i worked very closely with dylan to establish his singing voice

it shows that whoever has a hand in this isnt working with him as closely as i did.

its a shame but, i am still supporting FTFD with whatever they wish to achieve as musicians and as creative people. i told them to do what they want, because in the end, originality will stand on top of carbon copies.

i worked very closely with dylan to establish his singing voice

what kinds of things are you doing with this? with a lot of singers I usually feel pretty helpless. it's usually more of a gamble(are they gonna be good or not... it's like pulling the handle on a slots machine) than something I really have control over, and I don't like that.

[UEAK]Clowd;9382038 said:
what kinds of things are you doing with this? with a lot of singers I usually feel pretty helpless. it's usually more of a gamble(are they gonna be good or not... it's like pulling the handle on a slots machine) than something I really have control over, and I don't like that.

i just would tell him what he was doing wrong, and how to improve his tone

this was like a daily thing that we'd go over, and every time he recorded

i also helped him learn how to reach notes with more confidence and power.

i just would tell him what he was doing wrong, and how to improve his tone

this was like a daily thing that we'd go over, and every time he recorded

i also helped him learn how to reach notes with more confidence and power.

word. I can't always tell what they are doing wrong, or when I can it's hard to teach it to them. I'll have to do some reading up on vocal coaching