New forum feedback/sneak peeks

I really hope you all dig it. Just my putzing around and testing I am loving the new features/functions. There will be some things that (MAY) take a bit to figure out where it moved, etc. - but all in all it's pretty damn awesome. I will be tweaking afterwards as feedback comes in.

Don't bust my balls too much damn it! I spent a lot of time making sure it was going to be the "next step" without making it too difficult, I think it has achieved that.

So when is the move scheduled? We are past the 3-10 day window..

It would have been last weekend but my server guy became unavailable. I need him around for moving the database over, switching the domain on the server and monitoring server loads on the server once the switch is flipped. Those are outside my realm of comfort :)

Haha I'm on tapatalk so I can't see my sig. I didn't even know I had one still. I can see if I can change it on here.

scared_businessma_450.jpg

Someone hold me.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have butterflies in my stomach right now! Exciting and yet, fear inducing and headache producing move ahead, haha.

Isn't that basically all deployments, or is that just me? Hah.

Anyway I can't wait to see the results after the dust settles.

Apocalypse or utopia! Find out later!

Thanks man!

Please do report anything issues you all experience. One I am getting, is the screen goes white and just shows the banner. Refresh fixes it. I'd like to know if it is doing that for anyone else.

Also note: I will be adding in more smilies and bring back some of the old kind of ones, one step at a time.. so much little tedious stuff to address first :)

New forum looks good, but...

I was previously up to about Jan 2014 reading through the Black Metal thread, and it doesn't look like the YouTube links have ported across. Now they just show as text, rather than a link or embedded video.

EDIT: Cool, my Rambo avatar picture is finally showing up!

Pretty cool, pretty cool. Couple things I noticed: before logging in there were some weird "elbows" near the um logo at the top of the page. Only logging in fixed it. Also the red arrows are kind of distracting on the mobile version, can we get them in blue? And I'm sure it will be fixed but yeah the youtube videos didn't make the transition. At least not embedded. 1st day bugs aside it's looking very promising

Reactions: MetalAges