New Iced Earth vocalist. [opinions..]

Maybe it should be the singer from winterfall because he sounds EXACTLY like Matthew. Honestly, is you ever hear Winterfall the vocalist is a clone of Matthew Barlow.

Then again maybe fans would like like to hear a singer with a slightly different voice. Not too different though cause then they wouldn't be able to do their old songs live very well.

I know which singer has both Matthew Barlow's range and Jon Schaffer's range that's Powergod/WintersBane singer President Evil (a.k.a. Alex Koch). Check out Powergod's current masterpiece "Evilution Part 3: Nemesis" to hear his range.

i don't think the winterfell singer sounds like matthew at all!!he 's just tryin to sound like him but he cannot!!well to me the best new singer to replace matt would be ripper owens but i doubt he would leave judas priest!!
ps: hey vince iced boy it's criss remember me??you can send me an e mail if you want to...my email is gcrissemppu@aol.com

manuelgv said:
I know a lot of people say that Jon is Iced Earth,but after 5 albums Matt gave Iced Earth such a strong feeling that I can't imagine someone else singing stuff like I died for you or Dracula.Can't think of any names

Add a nail to the crucifix. Matt is a emotional limb of Iced Earth. To replace him would ash the embers of the music. However, I am confident in Jon's decisions for the group and rabidly await to see who he may have in mind and the effect that individual would bring to the group.

it's really hard to tell ...
in many ways no one can really fill in the spot the way he did , but then again i don't want another Matt there , the new one should be able to carry the band's image and sound the right way , but ofcorce gotta still be abl to performe at the sam level and be a pro , jon is a very hard man , cause he knows what he wants and how to get it , you gotta have somone like this in every band ...
i belive that whoever comes in "already is in" will be what the bands needs/wants ,
Matt will always be remembered , and the show must go on ;)

well not really ...
it comes down to how good they are on stage and how good of a person they are to deal with , the hardest thing about the band side of things "from expeirnce" is finding people who can fit in rather than performe and play ... if they just aren't cut for it you'll know ... the attitude is more important ...

but considering the fact that they already have a theme and a reputation at stake , this peopson will have shit loads of pressure trying to keep the image of the band and cary it further more ....

hey if they ever needed a guitarest i'll go audition lol
and you shouldn't be afraid if you know you can do it , so for this person to go and even audition , he must REALLY be knowing his shit backwords you know .....

another Deamons and Wizerds will be great , but then again it's just an IE album with BG vocals instead lol think about it lol .... ;) "in many ways"

I read on this german webzine metal-inside that the Ripper is maybe leaving Priest sooo ooohh ohhh...

well that's not the worst that could happen, although I didn´t really dig him in Priest... I don´t know how he would turn out in IE

MANAML said:
Tim Aymar (Control Denied) I think he would be a good sound for I.E.
IE have the former Death/Control Denied drummer, a former Death guitar player, and had a Death/Control Denied bass player...
Will Tim be the next one? ;)

He's great but I think some new blood would be a good choice, someone unknown coming to kick our asses.

I don't really have any preferances as to how the new vocalist should sound, as long as they do what they do well! The only thing that they would need is a good range, as Matt had one of the best vocal ranges in metal. They don't have to sound the same as Matt, but they have to be able to sing all the previous material, and the new material, well. Someone with a harder edge would be good, but as I said, as long as they do what they do well, it could fit. We will have to wait and see.

Also, I think I would be more confident if Jon got a no-body who can blow everyone away. If he gets someone form another band, there will be too many comparisons etc.

I dont think hes very happy in priest because they wont let hiim write and also that last priest disc blew dog. ripper is a great singer but is he a good fit in IE? No he dosent have the right sound. reason why he fit so well in priest cause he sounds alot like halford only more powerful. I still say Tim Aymar he has a wide range in his voice, I mean they call him the man of a 1000 voices for god sake and to the person that said something about a noname comming in I think that would be a pertty good idea find someone we dont know to come in and amaze us.And to the dude that said that most replacement singers dont live up to the original ? That is true in some cases but you have to remember that Matt was a replacement.

Jon always said that everyone in Iced Earth is replaceable. He's about to find out just how wrong he was.

I've been listening to Metal for a long time, and Matt is/was my all time favorite Metal vocalist. His range, power, emotion and presence, for my money, are unmatched. So, as far as I'm concerned, the band will go backwards regardless of who they get.

Owens is an excellent singer, as are may of the possible replacements mentioned here. However, it doesn't matter. While I'll continue to buy Iced Earth's CDs (assuming they continue to be worth purchasing), I doubt I'd go see them perform live again. To hear someone else sing "Holy Martyr", "Dracula" or any of the classic Iced Earth songs would just depress me.

GZ