New In Flames avaliable

The Quiet Place is a decent song. Apart from Friden of course, it's actually i'd say on a par with Clayman (but not anything before). I wasn't too dismayed when I heard it, even though i'm not an In Flames fan anyway.

But when I heard the other two songs......no. Just....no. Border... especially literally sounds like Korn in some places and Friden as usual is just awful and ruining whatever almost-decent music there occasionally is.

the guitar lead at 2:22 in Borders & Shading is good
overall the 3 songs are better than the ones in R2R..but far from classic in flames

why the fuck do you idiots talk shit before eharing the entire album? The album has what 12 songs? And you pussies call them nu metal after hearing 3 songs? I havent heard the songs. I'll wait til the cd comes out. Its so hard to please you metal fans

why the fuck do you idiots talk shit before eharing the entire album? The album has what 12 songs? And you pussies call them nu metal after hearing 3 songs? I havent heard the songs. I'll wait til the cd comes out. Its so hard to please you metal fans

What band releases 3 songs that aren't representative of the entire album? That would be sort of an unwise marketing decision, especially considering how bad the songs suck.

And, anyways, you haven't even heard the songs, so you have no place to say anything.

It's funny when people have to resort to saying "uh, well, yes it's not that good but hear that lead at 2:22? That's good! Uh, and that brief growl at 3:23, I mean that's just totally old school In Flames... for... a second"

Bits and pieces of former glory sprinkled here and there won't make the album good.

Can we stop with the nu-metal classification of albums already? Just say "good", "bad", "it sucks" and there you go.

Ill never call a in flames album nu-metal or whatever the term is, ill just say either it was a good album, or a bad one.

As for reroute to remains it was a different sound, they wanted it like that. So what is my opinion? It sucked compared to the previous albums they released.

How can you draw comparisons of Clayman to this stuff?

The guitar work, drums, vocals are all below that great piece of music. Really, only the nu-metal like stuff is the synth and Anders attempt at increasing his vocal range. The songs all have potential, but they seem so bare, lacking that final touch that makes in flames music so great. Basically their the bare bones of what in flames is, and lacks all the meat and strength of their formal self. </end best analogy ever> However upon further listening to them ive grown to like them a lot more. But they are still well below songs like even Trigger from Reroute to Remain.

Ill still buy the full-length(In Flames are one of my favs, and there older work easily deserves my money)but at this point i am very dissapointed.

Clayman was good because it was an attempt to commercialize their sound without losing it. They tried adding elements to make it more palatable, like more clean vocals, less showy solos, keyboards, etc.

But it worked. As mainstream as Only For The Weak was, it was a beautiful song. Awesome melodic solo. Great leads during the verse, and high gear chorus. And songs like Bullet Ride had classic IF leads(pre-chorus) mixed with techno drums and lead vocals. And the main riff to Swim beats almost anything off TJR. Not to mention Pinball Map's chorus...what was wrong with that? I don't recall that one being particularly whiny or out of tune.

Clayman was indicative of what In Flames COULD have done with their sound. R2R basically shat on what made Clayman great. It had horrible production, overdone clean vocals(what happened to the subdued style?), cheesy synth noises opposed to epic keyboards, and few good solos. Every song didn't need one, but there was like two good ones(Cloud Connected comes to mind).

R2R was not a step up from Clayman. It was three steps down. And STYE was supposed to go back to Clayman. Myabe not in sound, but at least in the level of qualitiy...

The Quiet Place got too much synths and stuff so boring.
Borders and Shading sounds like.. the Rasmus
The intro of touch of red is ok, but the chorus goes gay r2r.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Clayman was good because it was an attempt to commercialize their sound without losing it. They tried adding elements to make it more palatable, like more clean vocals, less showy solos, keyboards, etc.

But it worked. As mainstream as Only For The Weak was, it was a beautiful song. Awesome melodic solo. Great leads during the verse, and high gear chorus. And songs like Bullet Ride had classic IF leads(pre-chorus) mixed with techno drums and lead vocals. And the main riff to Swim beats almost anything off TJR. Not to mention Pinball Map's chorus...what was wrong with that? I don't recall that one being particularly whiny or out of tune.

Clayman was indicative of what In Flames COULD have done with their sound. R2R basically shat on what made Clayman great. It had horrible production, overdone clean vocals(what happened to the subdued style?), cheesy synth noises opposed to epic keyboards, and few good solos. Every song didn't need one, but there was like two good ones(Cloud Connected comes to mind).

R2R was not a step up from Clayman. It was three steps down. And STYE was supposed to go back to Clayman. Myabe not in sound, but at least in the level of qualitiy...
Couldn't have described it better myself.

clayman is a classic in my book. It's like their black album.
hell, Metal Maniacs voted it album of the year!
And that magazine is pretty damn metal in my book.

R2R was very experimental. It had some good songs, but I like it the least.

When the new allbum comes out I'll be buying it. I've been a fan for awhile and I'll
keep supporting them. Not every album can be a classic, but who knows,
perhaps their best album is yet to come.

Unless they suddenly turn into an all out hip hop group with 50 cent producing, I don't think I will have a problem with them. Whatever they do, as long as it has guitars, I'll classify it as good or bad, and not think more of it. Metal styles are inconsiquential, and not everything has to be fuking brutal.

we'll see where this goes.