New Katatonia

Diggin' the music, and the mix is pretty cool too; guitar tone reminds me of TGCD, though maybe a tad messier (a bit less defined), and the bass is cool but seems muddy in the big sections. Whatever, though, not interfering with my enjoyment of the tunes, so I'm happy!

Whoops, nevermind, though only mastering

And Ed, yeah, I misunderstood from the "as with most of his stuff part", mah bad!
David has worked for Jens for years so he logically has developed a related style. He is also Katatonia's FOH guy for whatever that's worth. I think he met them during the "Viva" mixing and has been with them since (I met him on the Viva tour).

David has worked for Jens for years so he logically has developed a related style. He is also Katatonia's FOH guy for whatever that's worth. I think he met them during the "Viva" mixing and has been with them since (I met him on the Viva tour).

Coolness, thanks for the lowdown! A/B'ing this song with "Leaders" off of TGCD, the bass definitely feels more in control on the latter, but whatevs, as I said not a big deal!

Man the guitar tone during the really brooding chuggy parts is beyond crushing. Love the production on this...epic as fuck!