New Katatonia

Wow, fucking awesome track! I think it sounds really cool with the subby sounding distorted guitars+ bass, leaves so much space for the ambient stuff instead of a more traditional tone.
Love this, both production and song is really great!

Jesus, that sounds amazing. The 4th track on that teaser caused me to leave a small nicotine stain skid mark in my shorts.

Bumping an old thread - one week till release (well one and a half here in the states). I'm really looking forward to this one from all the teasers. Got my pre-order in at Amazon. This is so far my most anticipated album of 2009.

Bumping an old thread - one week till release (well one and a half here in the states). I'm really looking forward to this one from all the teasers. Got my pre-order in at Amazon. This is so far my most anticipated album of 2009.

it has been leaked before the official launch i think :puke: I've always wondered how this can happen.. some dirty webzines, the house itself or the band??

it has been leaked before the official launch i think :puke: I've always wondered how this can happen.. some dirty webzines, the house itself or the band??

It's no good though. Only the first few tracks are of proper quality. The rest of the songs are probably some sort of webrips from very poor quality mono source (maybe mp3 streams for magazines/reviewers?), and they're missing a few tracks too.

It's no good though. Only the first few tracks are of proper quality. The rest of the songs are probably some sort of webrips from very poor quality mono source (maybe mp3 streams for magazines/reviewers?), and they're missing a few tracks too.

there's actually the whole stuff in good quality too if u take a look. the low quality webrip it's not so bad but finding the cd-quality version is really a shame if u consider that the original is not yet in the shops.

I really hope they don't go down the same route as bands like Behemoth (or rather Boremoth) and release the same album over and over just with fading quality. IMHO of course.

I liked TGCD but it also seemed like a lesser good "Viva Emptiness" to me. I know many probably won't agree on that... ;)

didn't want to hijack the thread sorry, just a bit curious. back to topic i think this album is missing some kind of energy so i do not agree with the "promotional" review of Akerfeldt.
It's always matter of taste though

Yeah, even after repeated listens, the only tracks that do anything are Forsaker and Idle Blood. TGCD was far better, not to mention the older albums. Renkse's smoother songs fit nicely among Blakkheim's more energetic tracks, but a full album of smooth songs is just too dreary to listen to :erk:

Yeah, even after repeated listens, the only tracks that do anything are Forsaker and Idle Blood. TGCD was far better, not to mention the older albums. Renkse's smoother songs fit nicely among Blakkheim's more energetic tracks, but a full album of smooth songs is just too dreary to listen to :erk:

i bet its fucking amazing
TGCD's metal shit was pretty weak compared to the soft stuff IMO
i am gonna get stoned as fuck when ive got this and listen to it and report back

i bet its fucking amazing
TGCD's metal shit was pretty weak compared to the soft stuff IMO
i am gonna get stoned as fuck when ive got this and listen to it and report back

+1

I think the new album is amazing, I didn't like it the 2 first times I listened to it, but now I think it's a masterpiece, better than great cold distance which was amazing.

The 2 last songs are pure gold. Can't wait to go to the music store and buy it when it will be released.

The following post may contain spoilers, read at your own risk:

I'm currently listening to track 9 and I feel all the songs were slow, no harsh vocals or even angry vocals at all (so, those who expected some hint of Viva Emptiness should better hold your hope for something else). I remember reading that the band said they recorded their heaviest and melodic stuff ever, well, I haven't heard the heavy songs yet. It could be because it is my first listen and, in fact, I didn't like Forsaker at first neither, but I think that's the heaviest song in the album so far :/

edit: Ok, first listen ended. Opinion: pretty boring, but I'll give it some more listens. Track 2 seems to be as good as Forsaker, btw.

The following post may contain spoilers, read at your own risk:

I'm currently listening to track 9 and I feel all the songs were slow, no harsh vocals or even angry vocals at all (so, those who expected some hint of Viva Emptiness should better hold your hope for something else). I remember reading that the band said they recorded their heaviest and melodic stuff ever, well, I haven't heard the heavy songs yet. It could be because it is my first listen and, in fact, I didn't like Forsaker at first neither, but I think that's the heaviest song in the album so far :/

edit: Ok, first listen ended. Opinion: pretty boring, but I'll give it some more listens. Track 2 seems to be as good as Forsaker, btw.

I am on the second track right now and so far I think it is their heaviest stuff recorded. Granted, that could change as I progress through the album. So far though...:OMG: