New Megadeth album

I am looking forward to the new Megadeth. Rust in Peace is one of my top 10 metal albums and I have been pleased with everything Megadeth has released since the System has Failed. The fact that Mustaine is an arrogant,self-righteous, insufferable asshole has probably cost the band some fans, but when your as talented as Dave M. you can get away with it.

ETA- Am I the only one that avoids listening to previews or singles from an upcoming album? I prefer listening to an album in its entirety.

It's nice to hear some fast guitar playing but the song is very basic sounding and sounds more like a b-side than an album cut track. Seems so far the tunes I have heard off this album all follow the "safe route" pattern. There is no experimenting with the song arrangements like there was back in the glory day of Megadeth. Still 7 tracks to hear and so far it's been mediocre, and nowhere as bad as Risk but just safe/mediocre. Mustaine is recycling his vocal lines at this point and the verse, chorus, verse, chorus coordinates he's locked into is just begging to be on the local radio stations.

Agreed. I think this song was supposed to be for a video game, so I think it would have been a B-Side. But Mustaine wants 13, Mustaine gets 13. :bah:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/TH1RT3EN-Megadeth/dp/B005LRWRZ8[/ame]
30 second previews of all the songs.
Sounds like it'll be good.
To me at least.

At least he's re-written Millenium of the Blind a bit. Songs all still sound like shit though.

It's a bit different. Can't say that there was alot going on in that clip though, even when the overdrive came in. Thats the only clip I've heard and it doesn't fill me with hope. Neither do you guys and your ravings.

I'm sure it said in some liner notes that it wasn't mustaine who wrote that riff anyway.