New merch

I've got no problem with the cost. I think €25 for shirt, shipping and sticker is a perfectly reasonable price to ask, especially for something you won't see everyone in your city/town wearing. I've spent a lot more for shirts at shows, in shops and on websites. Plus there's no customs charges (which can be a real pain in the ass).

I just like knowing if I'm gonna have to rush to buy the stuff, or if it's likely to stick around for a while so I can take my time.

Yeah, the price is fine imo too.
Too bad of the backprint of the black logo ts, but hey. :)
The rest is really nice, the best for me would be the TGCD front + MT back.. now I can't pick ;p
Ah well, not gonna buy a ts soon anyway, bit low on money here..

Blakkheim said:
we're happy with our current pricing/design decisions and feel they are more than fair to everyone involved. also remember, your supporting the band directly from buying via katatonia.com instead of any other place on the web.

Cool new shirts and the pricing is quite reasonable considering the postage is included. But why on earth all the official merchandise is sold from the US? Now us Europeans (or us Finnish People at least) have to order only one shirt at the time, otherwise the customs will snatch them and you'll have to pay taxes, etc. I don't know about the other EU-countries, but in Finland the limit when you have to pay taxes for clothes ordered outside the EU is ridiculously low. Thus it would be easier to order the merchandise from somewhere inside the EU.

I probably will end up buying the Black on black shirt, if it comes as a hoodie..
but it´s weird..
it would take me 30 minutes to go to Anders himself to pick it up, but instead i order from the other side of the world :p

Hobo said:
I probably will end up buying the Black on black shirt, if it comes as a hoodie..
but it´s weird..
it would take me 30 minutes to go to Anders himself to pick it up, but instead i order from the other side of the world :p
Yes, it's absurd. I can reach Stockholm in one hour by car... I'm not that greedy to whine about 50 SEK for shipping, but I just see no point. Of course it's great when someone rings in your doorbell and gives you a shirt or something you wanted, but the merch of the swedish band sent from America to Sweden... cough, cough...

GPO said:
Cool new shirts and the pricing is quite reasonable considering the postage is included. But why on earth all the official merchandise is sold from the US? Now us Europeans (or us Finnish People at least) have to order only one shirt at the time, otherwise the customs will snatch them and you'll have to pay taxes, etc. I don't know about the other EU-countries, but in Finland the limit when you have to pay taxes for clothes ordered outside the EU is ridiculously low. Thus it would be easier to order the merchandise from somewhere inside the EU.

What? We can't order more at once :ill: Oh shit, this sucks.

Yes, it's absurd. I can reach Stockholm in one hour by car... I'm not that greedy to whine about 50 SEK for shipping, but I just see no point. Of course it's great when someone rings in your doorbell and gives you a shirt or something you wanted, but the merch of the swedish band sent from America to Sweden... cough, cough...

unfortunately its only possible at the time being to ship the new shirts from the states, but it has very little difference anyway actually...

the shirt would cost 200 sek in sweden and we would still ship em out by mail from here. which would be 23 sek.

from usa to yer door = 233 sek (25 €)
from sweden to yer door = 223 sek

u lose one of those little golden coins called "tia" and it takes 4 days longer to get the shirt... maybe not such big of a deal yeah...?

Divatkreaci&#243 said:
What? We can't order more at once :ill: Oh shit, this sucks.

Hey guys, just to be clear on this point as I know customs can be an issue with packages coming from outside your country (or EU) -- the customs form is filled out in a manner to avoid additional customs cost. People in European countries regularly order multiple pieces of merchandise and are not charged additional customs charges. Feel free to PM me or email if you have additional questions on this.

jesse said:
Hey guys, just to be clear on this point as I know customs can be an issue with packages coming from outside your country (or EU) -- the customs form is filled out in a manner to avoid additional customs cost.

Well, that's good to know! I believe the limit here in Finland is somewhere around 30 euros these days, depending on the value of the dollar against the euro. After that the customs might intervene to get their share. So basically you couldn't even order a single hoodie outside the EU, without paying the taxes...

Ordering clothes from outside the EU has been made very expensive for the consumer, that's why I usually stick to stores within the EU.

unfortunately its only possible at the time being to ship the new shirts from the states, but it has very little difference anyway actually...

the shirt would cost 200 sek in sweden and we would still ship em out by mail from here. which would be 23 sek.

u lose one of those little golden coins called "tia" and it takes 4 days longer to get the shirt... maybe not such big of a deal yeah...?

It´s not the money, it is just the ironic part :)

jesse said:
The images that are up now are based on mock ups of the actual design. So the shirts actually end up being extremely similar to what's shown. If you (or others) want a real photo provided once the shirts come in, that can be arranged. We'll also be making more than one type of girlie shirt, I'm sure, so you'll probably have some choice. We'll eventually put measurements online as well, so you will know exactly what to expect. (They are already up @ http://bloodbath.biz/faq.php -- since we will be using the same brand shirts). Your comment about the $30 Opeth shirt is not accurate, because of course there is no shipping cost if you're getting a shirt at a gig. It seems like there is some geniune confusion over the fact we show the price WITH shipping included, interesting..

it´s not exactely what I wanted to say...
I know your are speaking about prices included shipping costs, but I wanted to say that if we from Europe buy a t-shirt from Katatonia website (shipping included) we are not saving so much money because if we had bought it on tour we would have spent the same amount because ok there are no shipping costs but at the same time maybe the shirt becomes more expensive because it is sold on tour...
So if I have to chose between the option of ordering a kata t-shirt online and pay 25 euros or buying at one tour and pay the same (supposing they sell them at the same price of Opeth t-shirts, 30$)..I chose the latter, because at least on tour I can see, touch it and try it on to see which size fits better...

So if our base cost was 25 euros, then we add at least 5 euros for airmail shipping (shipping is actually more than that to Europe), then you'd be looking at a shirt that is 30+ euros. Instead you're getting a shirt for a comparable price and it's traveling to your door-step.

of course if your base cost was the same as the cost of a t-shirt ON TOUR, than it would be a good deal to pay 25 euros instead of 25+6/7euros(shipping)= 31/ 32 euros, but isn´t it been said that on tour the prices are higher than the base cost?

Now I don´t want to argue about 5 euros more or less, it´s not this the point, it´s just that the prices on the website are not particulary cheaper than other artists, so from my point of view I don´t see a particular deal for us European to order them online instead of buying them on tour...

Blakkheim said:

Hush… hush… Anders… We’re not talking about the money, Hobo is right… I spend much more on my beer… We’re talking about the common situation, which is beyond understanding. But if for the band there is better this way, there’s no problem. We’ll buy it in any case…

I just can't see the problem, or even the "ironic part"....I live in Italy and buy a lot of things from amazon in the USA...I think that one of the greatest thing about the internet is that distances doesnt matter, who cares if it's USA or Holland or Spain?

It wouldnt if the band was succesful and known all over the world. Like Katatonia.

It would be different if the artist was completely unknown outside his country