New Metallica Track - Cyanide

EvileOL

Ol Drake
May 18, 2005
UK
www.twitter.com
So i just watched metallica playing 'cyanide' live.

I have to say, material wise, i'm a lot more hopeful now. Some cool riffs and ideas, I can even envisage metallica's return to awesome guitar harmonies (after the solo of cyanide). I watched it once this morning, and I've still got some of the riffs and vocal lines in my head, that's nothing but a good sign to me. I originally cringed at the 'suicide, i've already died' line, but hearing it with the rest of the song, i un-cringed.

I'll definetly be buying DM. The album cover's grown on me too, especially if the logo is in the middle/top.

Watching and listening now. Not bad at all. This is the kind of thing I was specting form them. I´ll defo buy it too. Some of those riffs are killer! :kickass:

Its the best stuff they've done in at least 20 years.

Sadly, that doesn't mean much. Although its nort too bad, certainly on par with black Album material (although i loathe that record with a passion). If this albums even half as good as And Justice For All then Metallica have regained some credability. If not, Dave Mustaine with have fun laughing at them. As shall I

/arrogant rant

in my humble opinion, what metallica needs is to lock themselves in a small room with a sterio and their old vynil collection and listen to nothing but diamond head, venom, angel witch, motorhead, sweet savage, and a bunch of other stuff that they were listening to at 17, and just stay there for a month or two and then see what they can come up with. and none of these custom grafix guitars with pro tools. just a couple of epiphone v's and some jvm900s

This is more like it, build ups, tons of riffs, diversity, solos, harmonization. This song is definitely a step up work wise, I can tell they have been concentrating on coming up with some quality stuff instead of taking the easy quick way. I can tell they put lots more effort into this than St Anger, Im interested in hearing the production of the album now. I will be seeing them live in November.

in my humble opinion, what metallica needs is to lock themselves in a small room with a sterio and their old vynil collection and listen to nothing but diamond head, venom, angel witch, motorhead, sweet savage, and a bunch of other stuff that they were listening to at 17, and just stay there for a month or two and then see what they can come up with. and none of these custom grafix guitars with pro tools. just a couple of epiphone v's and some jvm900s

Hey! I would be into doing that myself!

NEW METALLICA - DEATH MAGNETIC - CYANIDE

Here is the link to listen to the song "Cyanide"

http://www.maximumthreshold.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=317&Itemid=1

It is ok. Not what all the hype was though. I was expecting a more heavier thing. But what I think we got was a cross between the Black album and St. Anger. Where the hell is the ferocity???? I'm an curious to hear other stuff. Hopefully that isn't their single.

They did check with Mercyful Fate, and King Diamond. They earned some metal respect for pulling this off.

:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Metallica need to get a time machine and travel back to 1982, not fire Dave Mustaine and hpefulyl avoid killing Cliff.

I think it worked out well the way things happened, we got 2 cool bands out of 1. Even Dave said it just wasn't meant to be, we get more because the new Metallica record this year and next year will be Megadeths.

IMO Cynanide is pretty boring and I can't really forgive Metallica for St. Anger...

I think it worked out well the way things happened, we got 2 cool bands out of 1. Even Dave said it just wasn't meant to be, we get more because the new Metallica record this year and next year will be Megadeths.

We got 3 fucking awesome bands out of it. Kirk leaving EXODUS allowed Gary Holt to move into a position of main songwriter, thus giving us twenty years of crushing fucking THRASH!!!!

That's one of the coolest things, ever

Indeed, Mercyful Fates first 3 albums have some of the best riffs ever composed in metal on them. King Diamond records are usually metal masterpieces as well. Metallica had real good taste in music back in their early days, and still proves they still kick ass when they want to play what they are inspired by.

I'll start.....

1) Drum sound is better than St Anger, but it's not great at the beginning
2) I cringed 3 times by the time 2:30 had arrived.....counted 3 things that sound like they've been lifted from Master of Puppets.
3) 4 minutes onwards....Niiiiiiiiice.....but predictable. And that drum sound kicks in to place at last.

The song is good but....and there's that but. Still looking forward to the album - always do - but the 2 songs so far haven't exactly set my world alight.

on a personal level I don't like Metallica. They haven't done anything worth while for almost 20years. And insulted their fans in that time.

But I did get to hear the new tune on the Radio yesterday (Death Magnetic), pretty much what I expect, but still a good song just the same