New Metallica Track - Cyanide

The black album drum sound is the best drum sound ever recorded. FACT.

does it matter that he hasn't bettered the drumming on justice? everyone has a peak, where they're at their best and that was lars' peak. everyone peaks at everything, opeth peaked at blackwater park but look at them now, they're huge! but they still aren't doing anything anywhere near as good as blackwater park.

i used the word peak far too many times then. i peaked.

The black album drum sound is the best drum sound ever recorded. FACT.

does it matter that he hasn't bettered the drumming on justice? everyone has a peak, where they're at their best and that was lars' peak. everyone peaks at everything, opeth peaked at blackwater park but look at them now, they're huge! but they still aren't doing anything anywhere near as good as blackwater park.

i used the word peak far too many times then. i peaked.

I have to disagree Matt... I think Ghost Reveries was a better album than Blackwater Park, Watershed is an amazing album though they seem to be phasing out the heavier material which I'm not happy about... although at Bloodstock I did speak to Mikael Akerfeldt about their Remember Tomorrow cover being a million times better than SHitallica's
Every band on that Maiden tribute cd made it sound gash

No way. Machine Head's Hallowed Be They Name was the only good cover on that cd and it was brilliant. They've come a long way with their covers since they did Message In A Bottle and Hole In The Sky.

Just finished a first listen - it's going to be a grower, definitely. Some absolutely cracking riffs on there, and some decent thrash at times.

Just concerned that my favourite track (at this moment) is the instrumental 'Suicide & Redemption'

With all due respect to Metallica, that instrumental is awful. I Like the rest of the cd

Im saying theres everything wrong with Machine Head. Awful band, Burn My Eyes is blatently not thrash and every second Rob spends with Machine Head kills his good reputation of Vio-Lence.

Im saying theres everything wrong with Machine Head. Awful band, Burn My Eyes is blatently not thrash and every second Rob spends with Machine Head kills his good reputation of Vio-Lence.

does a album strictly have to be thrash for it to be good? hmmm strange way of thinking. as for vio-lence i really didn't like them at all

You just don't like Vio-lence because of Sean Killian's vocals. I don't blame you though, I thought they were shit at first - it grows on you, trust me!

And no, an album doesn't have to be thrash to be good. It helps though.

Example: Beneath the Remains is the best thrash album ever. Because its a thrash album. :p

Daft philosophies FTW

ooooooh killians vocals put me off violence for aaaages, until i actually forced myself to sit through it... there is some excellent riffing going on, but the vocals. just, not for me. i can see why they cause such a divide though, why people love them or hate them.

and comparing violence to machine head is pointless, much like a woman having a sex-change only to get pregnant....

machine head were good for the first two albums. burn my eyes and more things change were just good, heavy, metal. since then they've trend hopped like mad and no-one seems to call them on it.

anyway, cyanide is the best track on DM, and it still only gets a 4/10.

No no no no. I didnt explain myself well enough. I hate the album as it stands. But it gets hailed as a great thrash album when its just not.

ah i get ya now lol. burn my eyes is just a straight up good metal album. one of my fave tbh. ah yeah its the vocals in vio-lence that put me off them big time. its just like black/death metal bands most i can't get into cos i can't stand the vocals. guess i'm picky like that lol. perfect vocals for me is a james hetfield tom araya matt drake kinda style

Burn My Eyes is a groove album, but it does lean onto the thrash side constantly. I can see why people clal it thrash, but groove = slower and chuggier thrash. So yeah, its forgiven haha.

The Blackening on the other hand, still isn't a thrash album but leans onto the thrashier side of things even more so than before. If Robb would get his act together and write some proper thrash again then we'd all be sorted.

What do you mean by "Eh."?

They are apparently doing a redux of The Blackening with an extra disc with some of their covers and some songs that didn't get released properly.