New Miasma Song (Yes, THE Miasma...)

V.V.V.V.V.

Houses Ov Mercury
Jan 20, 2004
Dracut, MA
http://www.myspace.com/miasmaaustria

Please discuss Miasma further here. They reformed last year but this is from their demo this year, and is news to me. If you people knew about this but never told me, I will be very angry with you all.

I was just listening to Changes. What a fucking great, disturbing album.

Yeah it's a good song. Begins a little weirdly, but picks up with a catchy thrashy riff and good vocals, with some spoken word towards the end. Psyched for anything new they might do.

Yeah it's only a demo, though, and it is on Myspace which cuts the quality down considerably right there. I'd say their new album and live presence will rule.

I'm not really liking this new song, it's quite catchy, but it just sounded kinda weak, and not because of the production. It's not really fair to compare it to old Miasma because it seems they're not trying to be that anymore, but this has nowhere near the same level of crushingly heavy power that old miasma had, and thus they have in my opinion lost their best attribute.

Changes is indeed awesome, and without question has a place in my top five Death Metal releases of all time. I remember hearing about their reformation a while ago. The new song isn't bad, but I'm not expecting anything great from them in the future.

I heard this song awhile back I guess I must have forgotten to post it. It's decent but Changes will most likely remain their magnum opus.

In other news Unanimated have apparently reformed as well. Seems like every band that was around in the early-mid 90s is reforming these days.

Changes didn't really age that well for me, but I still find it nice.

Unanimated reforming is indeed good news. Next thing you know Eucharist may follow in their footsteps.:kickass:

The new song "Black Sun Halo" sounds more like an ugly thrash song than it does the brutal black and soul conquering Miasma of old. It also lacks the beastial nature of Changes. I agree with most of what has been said above. Opening riff was ok, vocals were ok, drumming was a bit too polished for my liking (for Miasma), and overall the song doesn't really go past mediocre / average.

Who knows about the rest of the demo though.

I did not care for it and gave changes a good ammount of listens and generally liked a few songs and found the drums annoying.

Unanimated reforming seems cool.