New ND CD title inside...

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
OK everyone, we're posting the start of the studio journal, and I've been using the names of the songs, so I decided since we're 99% sure on all the titles, and the CD title as well, I'd let the cat out of the bag here on the forums first.

The artwork is being worked on, and the cover is close, but not yet...

Here's the info on our 6th full length studio recording...

"The Novella Reservoir"

1. Rain
2. The Novella Reservoir
3. They Were Left to Die
4. Our Twilight Innocence
5. Drown the Inland Mere
6. The Voice of Failure
7. Dominate the Human Strain
8. Leaving This

I read this news on Blabbermouth. All I can say is, if you use mixed by dan swano and mastered by james murphy as a selling point, I will be very dissapointed with you guys! The album should be able to stand on it's own without needing a cheap little nudge from their names, eh? A lot of people have been doing that lately. And what's the deal with swano and murphy anyway, where do they think they are charging 10,000$ for jobs? They must think they're in hollywood working for britney spears, and not in the metal scene... crazyness..

Oinkness said:
I read this news on Blabbermouth. All I can say is, if you use mixed by dan swano and mastered by james murphy as a selling point, I will be very dissapointed with you guys! The album should be able to stand on it's own without needing a cheap little nudge from their names, eh? A lot of people have been doing that lately. And what's the deal with swano and murphy anyway, where do they think they are charging 10,000$ for jobs? They must think they're in hollywood working for britney spears, and not in the metal scene... crazyness..

We name Dan and James out of pure respect for two metal legends. Chris, because he's more unknown, but amazing at what he does, and can use the exposure. We've never name dropped for sales, but even if we did do it for that reason, when you're a struggling underground metal band, you need all the sales you can get, or there might not be a next CD, so dropping a few names on the production crew isn't such a bad thing, is it?. Also, it's the same team we used on Pale Haunt, so you know the quality you can expect.

As far as what people believe those guys charge, I wouldn't know. We don't deal in rumor. To us, they are both worth every penny.

Oinkness said:
The album should be able to stand on it's own without needing a cheap little nudge from their names, eh?

Just you wait. It's like a 10 ton punch to the face.

Jasonic said:
I too am curious to know the meaning of the CD title...

I didnt know what Novella meant...so I looked it up. All I can say is I totally love the title now :)

There is meaning to the album title. A bit soon to reveal all just yet. You'll find out more in time, just wait and see.

As for "name dropping", we've never done that and that's just silly anyhow. It's standard fare that any news bit or press release on a new album being recorded or sold will list who the main production team is, especially it is is in fact names that people do know. And like Paul said, our main priority there is letting people know that we are working again with the same team who made our last cd sound so good. In other words, if you liked the sound on the last cd, then you should be happy with what we have in store for this one. People have a tendency to overanalyze and read too far into things sometimes. And I have no idea what any of these guys charge other artists for their time, it's none of my business. The prices they charge us are more than fair for their hard work and commitment to the project that they give us.

And one last thing....I don't care how people may read into it or what opinions they have about it, I can't name-drop Chris Djuricic enough considering how awesome he's been on previous projects and this current one. He doesn't get nearly enough credit and attention for what he does. If us mentioning his name in every press release for this new album manages to make people take notice of his work and perhaps get him more business, then I'm all for it. Chris' input is integral to the quality of our cds.

Can't wait 'til everyone can hear this new cd completed! Hopefully you'll like it. And if you don't, that's okay too, because I like it :D

Novembers Paul said:
The artist is a virtual unknown guy in the grand scope of things, much like Attila was on the last CD. Attila couldn't do it for us this time, so I looked for someone else I felt would capture the mood of this CD. You won't be disappointed, trust me.

Ah I see, cool. Any hints to the artworks style/concept? or am I prying too much :)

I bought "The Knowing" when it was released, but unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to pick up "Pale Haunt.." I heard the title track off the album recently and enjoyed it quite a bit. Guess I need to get my head out of the sand and purchase the last CD and the new one when its released. I'm sure it will be great. Just to comment on the "name dropping" topic, I fail to see any drawback to naming experienced and well-known production people that participated in the making of your album. No offense to whoever posted this topic to begin with, but that seems a bit juvenile.

FUBAR said:
Ah I see, cool. Any hints to the artworks style/concept? or am I prying too much :)

It's still way too early to give that much away. I was hesitant at the idea of us giving the album title and song titles away so soon! The album isn't even done being recorded yet! lol