New ND CD title inside...

affinityband said:
Some of that material is sounding Killer:headbang:

P.S
Paul you sound identicle to 'Doug Heffernern' In the show 'King of Queens'. He has such a hot wife too.

:lol: You know, you're not the first person who has told me that. Hopefully it's a compliment! hahaha!

Hot wife in real life, or TV wife? I know his TV wife is hot!

Lionfrost said:
Don't worry, I figured as much. And I'm pretty sure so did everyone else.
You always hurt the ones you love most, don't you...? :p

<3 Actually, He has never hurt me before. <3

General Zod said:
Damn. I was hoping Q4 of '06. Good luck.

Zod

We were too. I just spoke with the label yesterday about the release date. The problem is, the CD's are manufactured and distributed through Sony, and they have a very strict release schedule, and september is the lat month for indy label releases. October, November, and December are all reserved for major label holiday items. They also require a full 4 months for promotion, promo copies, and manufacturing, so we wouldn't make that deadline either, as we still need another month to mix and master. We were hoping for the first tuesday of November, but that's HIGHLY doubtful. Count on Q1 of 2007.

Novembers Paul said:
We name Dan and James out of pure respect for two metal legends. Chris, because he's more unknown, but amazing at what he does, and can use the exposure. We've never name dropped for sales, but even if we did do it for that reason, when you're a struggling underground metal band, you need all the sales you can get, or there might not be a next CD, so dropping a few names on the production crew isn't such a bad thing, is it?. Also, it's the same team we used on Pale Haunt, so you know the quality you can expect.

As far as what people believe those guys charge, I wouldn't know. We don't deal in rumor. To us, they are both worth every penny.

Just you wait. It's like a 10 ton punch to the face.
Oh dude, I never doubted you guys for a second. I wasn't saying anything against you, it's just I've seen the Dan/Murphy name drop a few times before I had posted that. I love your album and I can't wait for this new one. Thanks again for naming my band, hahah.... :) I need a name for a new doom project.....

Oinkness said:
I need a name for a new doom project.....

How about...

Slow Boring Garbage
My Dying Genre
Already been done
Yet Another DOOM band
Please compare me

OR

Sludgeorama
Doomarific
Shittastic
Funeralsludgery

maybe...

While the sleeping moons weep
Cold Breeze in the Midnight Sun
Autumn Gods Fear the Dirge
Wargod of Violent Lions
Winter Leaves in Summers Snow

I kill myself :lol:

The whole genre can use a colonic. A deep cleaning to reinvent itself, and bring in some originality.

We've moved so far past being stuck into one area of music, it's what we needed to do to stand out. There's almost NO way anyone with half a brain can classify our new recording as "doom metal" or even just "death metal." It's all that and so much more.

Novembers Paul said:
The whole genre can use a colonic. A deep cleaning to reinvent itself, and bring in some originality.

We've moved so far past being stuck into one area of music, it's what we needed to do to stand out. There's almost NO way anyone with half a brain can classify our new recording as "doom metal" or even just "death metal." It's all that and so much more.

As long as it is atmoshperic I'm quite sure I will love it:)

"atmospheric" is a hard one to really call, since it depends on the individual's perception of it. To me I think Radiohead and Pink Floyd are atmospheric.

Well put it this way, the new album is heavy as fuck at times, but it's also got it's moments of quiet, mood, and a dark vibe (as always). To be honest, the more I listen to the album as a whole, it definitely feels like ND to me, no question about it. It's just a natural step forward for us from what we've done in the past, with some new twists and ingredients added here and there.

If that sounds okay to you, then I think it's all good ;-)

Novembers Paul said:

If people enjoy their doom staying quite the same and fitting into a narrow scope, that's fine. For me there's been bands that've come along in recent times that people have raved about being the new "it" band in the doom scene, and when I heard them finally, I found that it was mostly a rehash of stuff I'd already long since been listening to for years. Sometimes that's not a bad thing. When I first heard Cathedral in the early nineties, my first impression was "wow, there's alot of borrowing from Sabbath and Pentagram and such going on here." But the more I listened to it, I loved just what Cathedral did with those obvious influences, and I think they eventually made their own style and sound out of it. But alot of bands I think have stopped trying to do that now. It's alot easier to just play a certain way that they automatically know will be accepted by the certain crowd they're aiming for. Bands who take risks tend to usually be the most "controversial" bands out there, because there's always a large contingent of fans and critics who'll turn against them just because they're different now.

My thing is that I personally have no desire to be lumped into any one category. Even just "heavy metal" doesn't always suit us. Can you call "If Forever" or "All the Beauty Twice Again" or "Through A Child's Eyes" metal? I certainly don't mind being called a metal band because I think overall that is what we are. But as for the categorization of sub-genres within metal, I just find it rather boring to just fit into one narrow category. For some musicians out there, they enjoy fitting nicely into one particular genre of metal, and that's fine for them. I don't dismiss them because of it. I'd like it if people could give us the same courtesy.

Anyway, as for the doom scene and whether or not we're "doom" anymore or even ever truly were....I don't care about it. There's some doom bands who I think are phenomenal and some who are personally a big influence on me. And then there's alot of doom bands who I couldn't care less about. Same goes for every other genre of metal or popular music in general.

Obviously because of who we are as a band and alot of the flak and criticism we get over such things as mentioned above, we like to make fun and take shots at it from time to time. But it's all good-naturedly for the most part. Some people might be offended or try to insult us or take shots at us. That's okay. I guarantee we probably make more fun of ourselves and take the piss out of us as much or more than anyone else already does.

And I about pissed myself when I read "Please Compare Me" as a band name. Priceless.

Novembers Paul said:
We were too. I just spoke with the label yesterday about the release date. The problem is, the CD's are manufactured and distributed through Sony, and they have a very strict release schedule, and september is the lat month for indy label releases. October, November, and December are all reserved for major label holiday items. They also require a full 4 months for promotion, promo copies, and manufacturing, so we wouldn't make that deadline either, as we still need another month to mix and master. We were hoping for the first tuesday of November, but that's HIGHLY doubtful. Count on Q1 of 2007.

They've already scheduled many top quality releases, including Evanescence, These Arms Are Snakes, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, Fountains of Wayne, Good Charlotte, The Hives, and Andrew WK for these months. I can't wait.
Distro through Sony at least means that there are ND records all over. I've seen them in chain music stores around the northeast (a few in CT where I live, one in MA where I don't go often, several in NYC), so hopefully they're accessible to more people. Releasing a new ND album would be risky though, someone might realize that you can do more with a guitar than smacking power chords out of it. At least Snoop Dogg is a comedy option.

Can we expect a tour around then too? The best show around here this summer is Hootie and the fucking Blowfish, which is a free public show, and I am definately crashing and demanding tender crisp bacon cheddar ranch over a megaphone.