New Opeth album and track titles revealed

"In a way, Axenrot's drum break about two and a half minutes into this track - and, indeed, his playing throughout - is just a giant "fuck you" to anyone who might bitch about Martin Lopez's absence. (I gotta admit, before I heard the record, I was in that number myself.)"

So apparently a big fuck you to you guys. :)

You can read more here.

Even if I end up enjoying this album I'm gonna miss Martin no matter what. He had a great variety of skills that most 'metal' drummers don't have.

Even if I end up enjoying this album I'm gonna miss Martin no matter what. He had a great variety of skills that most 'metal' drummers don't have.

"In a way, Axenrot's drum break about two and a half minutes into this track - and, indeed, his playing throughout - is just a giant "fuck you" to anyone who might bitch about Martin Lopez's absence. (I gotta admit, before I heard the record, I was in that number myself.)"

So apparently a big fuck you to you guys. :)

You can read more here.

Yeah, I agree with Kev here. I like Axe's stuff with Bloodbath. I think he's a great drummer. I just really liked Lopez. I'm eager to hear this album.

And with all the speculation...

It must just be really easy to speculate about Opeth since they are a band that everyone knows and has actually given a real listen. I just didn't love Ghost Reveries as much I had earlier albums. I'll say that it does have a few GREAT songs on it though. So, I'll just have to wait and see. It's a definite buy though.

And which one is the AIC cover? I'm real interested to hear that one especially.

There is nothing wrong in missing Martin, its just getting a little old bringing it upp again, its been a while since he left. Although this is the first album since he left so I guess its relevant.

But the way Kev expressed himself just looks like he has made up his mind allready, and he hasn't even heard it yet.

I found the mellow tracks on Ghost Reveries to be boring for the most part. I did not particular like Mike's vocals on them either. The first two minutes or so of Hours of Wealth are amazing. The instrumentation is beautiful, but then when he starts singing, it becomes uninteresting to me. It almost seems like they are just putting mellow songs on their albums just because it is their style. I mean, that is probably untrue, but the mellow tracks on the album just do not stick like previous mellow tracks.

But the way Kev expressed himself just looks like he has made up his mind allready, and he hasn't even heard it yet.

hmm? I mean, drumming is a big part of the musical experience, but that is not going to make up my mind on how I view the record, please don't assume. I think Axe is superb...he played great live when I saw them...but the drums are definitely going to change on this new record whether some people want to discuss it beforehand, or not. And whether they like it or not...it's pretty much making conversation. I for one haven't actually listened to a full Opeth cd in awhile because I over played them to hell in my my mid-late teen years...so this next one should be really fresh and interesting.

I found the mellow tracks on Ghost Reveries to be boring for the most part. I did not particular like Mike's vocals on them either. The first two minutes or so of Hours of Wealth are amazing. The instrumentation is beautiful, but then when he starts singing, it becomes uninteresting to me. It almost seems like they are just putting mellow songs on their albums just because it is their style. I mean, that is probably untrue, but the mellow tracks on the album just do not stick like previous mellow tracks.

that's exactly what i think

hmm? I mean, drumming is a big part of the musical experience, but that is not going to make up my mind on how I view the record, please don't assume. ...

Yeah I was talking about your first post in this thread.
Maybe you should think about what you post cause it looks like you made up you mind there allready.

Please dont assume? So why are you assuming blastbeats then?

I found the mellow tracks on Ghost Reveries to be boring for the most part. I did not particular like Mike's vocals on them either. The first two minutes or so of Hours of Wealth are amazing. The instrumentation is beautiful, but then when he starts singing, it becomes uninteresting to me.

I dont like them as much as their older softies either. But Isolation Years is great.

It almost seems like they are just putting mellow songs on their albums just because it is their style. I mean, that is probably untrue, but the mellow tracks on the album just do not stick like previous mellow tracks.

I do not agree with this at all, its almost the opposite.
The mellow tracks on GR is so different from the older ones so its obviously very fresh,inspiring and motivated music and do not follow any pattern.
If they did Benighted or Harvest all over again then I would agree with you, but they dont.