New Opeth album and track titles revealed

The mellow tracks on GR is so different from the older ones so its obviously very fresh,inspiring and motivated music and do not follow any pattern.
If they did Benighted or Harvest all over again then I would agree with you, but they dont.

I understand what you are saying. I was trying to say that them just putting mellow tracks on their album in general seems like they are just putting mellow songs because it is what they do. I agree that the mellow tracks on the album are a lot different from ones before, which is good in a way.

I understand what you are saying. I was trying to say that them just putting mellow tracks on their album in general seems like they are just putting mellow songs because it is what they do. I agree that the mellow tracks on the album are a lot different from ones before, which is good in a way.

Then you absolutely dont understand what im saying, or dont agree?

"a very happy feeling"?? :err:

Ok maybe not "very happy", but happy compared to the older. That was the first thing that struck me when listening to GR and I didnt like it at all.
Mike said himself that he think it might have had something to do with him beeing in a very happy period in his life, with his kid and all that I guess.

I don't think they sold out, but I really didn't like the addition of the keys all that much. There are some spots that it was really cool, but otherwise I didn't really like them.

Then you absolutely dont understand what im saying, or dont agree?

Ha, ok.

it really baffles me why people hate GR
probably cuz "oMGz they sold outz"
I also love Ghost Reveries. The mellow tracks just don't stand out like they had on previous albums.

I thought the keys added more of a cartoonish feeling really, especially Beneath the Mire
Yeah, the keys were something that initially turned me off to the album.

Ha, ok.

I also love Ghost Reveries. The mellow tracks just don't stand out like they had on previous albums.

I kinda agree here. I really never liked Atonement that much and Hours of Wealth is ok but Isolation Years is one of the most heart wrenching songs I have ever listened to.

Jonas comment on Mickes blog:

It sounds like Repulsion's "Horrified" album with violins and the sound of a small river/ditch.

Rawk!

I dont know about you guys but im going out to the nearest ditch right now, cant wait to hear what it sounds like...

Pretty much what turned me off...There are some great songs on there, but it just annoyed me.

Well Ghost of Perdition is an excellent song, no need for discussion on that. Reverie/Harlequin Forest has grown on me and has some great parts. Could do without the ending jam though. Beneath The Mire and The Baying of The Hounds always turned me off though. Also, Grand Conjuration is the most interesting mix of fantastic and not so fantastic parts I've ever heard.

But... The Baying of The Hounds is amazing!? You fail!
3:20-6:30 is like magic!..
The adrenalinerush from 5:30-6:30 makes you go :hotjump:
The whole song is just incredible imo.

But... The Baying of The Hounds is amazing!? You fail!
3:20-6:30 is like magic!..
The adrenalinerush from 5:30-6:30 makes you go :hotjump:
The whole song is just incredible imo.

Baying Of The Hound is the best song on GR!

the outro of harlequin forest makes you feels you are in the woods surrounded by fire
the chorus of isolation years is.....
the drums of ghost of perdition are the best i have heard on opeth